The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
STIPULATION TO CONTINUE INITIAL SCHEDULING CONFERENCE AND [PROPOSED] ORDER Compl.
TO THE CLERK OF THE COURT OF THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA, PLAINTIFF AND DEFENDANT, THROUGH THEIR ATTORNEYS, FILE THIS STIPULATION AND PROPOSED ORDER.
1. Plaintiff Julia Castrejon ("Plaintiff") initially filed this case, Julia Castrejon v. Pacific Life & Annuity Company, et al., Case Number 1:10-CV-01817- AWI-DLB, in state court on August 17, 2009, containing a single cause of action for Breach of Contract for Defendant Pacific Life & Annuity Company's ("Pacific Life") purported failure to pay the benefits from Group Life and Accidental Death Insurance Policy No. 74491 to the minor child, Alan A. Mata.
2. Pacific Life was served via process server with copies of the Summons and Complaint in the State Court Action on September 2, 2010, in Los Angeles, California.
3. On October 1, 2010, Pacific Life removed this action to this Court and, on that same date, this Court ordered the Parties to appear at a Mandatory Scheduling Conference on December 9, 2010, at 8:30 a.m.
4. The Parties are involved in settlement discussions and believe that they can resolve this matter within the next ninety (90) days. Accordingly, the Parties jointly request that the scheduling conference currently set for December 9, 2010, be postponed and continued to March 9, 2011, at 9:30 a.m., or such subsequent date as the Court may set.
5. No prior requests for continuances have been made.
Dated: _______________ Reed Smith LLP By /s/ Marytza J. Reyes Marytza J.
Reyes Attorneys for Pacific Life Insurance Co. Dated: _______________
By /s/ Julia Castrejon
Julia Castrejon In Propria Persona