UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
December 21, 2010
ESTATE OF JESSIE P. CONTRERAS, BY AND THROUGH HIS SPECIAL ADMINISTRATOR, LEONOR CONTRERAS; LEONOR PETITION AND ORDER FOR CONTRERAS, MOTHER OF JESSIE P. APPOINTMENT OF GUARDIAN AD CONTRERAS, DECEASED, INDIVIDUALLY; AND LITEM FOR PLAINTIFF JANINE ARLETTE JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA, LAUREANA ARANDA A MINOR, DAUGHTER OF JESSIE P. CONTRERAS, DECEASED, INDIVIDUALLY, PLAINTIFFS,
COUNTY OF GLENN; GLENN COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT; LARRY JONES, LT. TIM ASBURY, LT. REVOLINSKI, LT. WARREN, SGT. WHITE, DEE DEE NELSON, E. CHAVEZ, INDIVIDUALLY; GLENN MEDICAL CENTER INC; AND DOES 1 TO 50, INCLUSIVE; DEFENDANTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: John A. Mendez United States District Court Judge
Petitioner EDWARD RIZZUTO states as follows:
PETITION AND ORDER FOR APPOINTMENT OF GUARDIAN AD LITEM; ORDER Case No. 2:09-CV-02468-JAM-EFB with pdfFactory trial version www.pdffactory.com
1. SHANNON GRIFFITH is over the age of 18 and not a party to this action. SHANNON GRIFFITH'S business address is Stewart Humpherys Molin & Griffith, LLP, 3120 Cohasset Road, No. 6, Chico, California 95973.
2. An action against GLENN COUNTY, GLENN COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT, GLENN MEDICAL CENTER and a number of individual defendants is pending in this Court for damages arising from the August, 2008 suicide death of JESSIE PAUL CONTRERAS which occurred while JESSIE PAUL CONTRERAS was an inmate at the Glenn County Jail.
3. JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA, a minor whose birthdate is July 16, 2000, is the natural daughter of JESSIE PAUL CONTRERAS.
4. JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA currently resides in Mexico. 5. By its Order in this case filed on July 17, 2010, the Court has allowed JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA to be named as a plaintiff in this case to pursue certain state law wrongful death and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 civil rights claims against the defendants.
6. JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA does not currently have a conservator or guardian.
7. A petition for appointment of a guardian ad-litem has not previously been filed on behalf of JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA in this case.
8. SHANNON GRIFFITH is willing to serve as the guardian ad-litem for JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA in this case, is competent to do so, and consents to such appointment.
WHEREFORE, petitioner hereby moves the Court for an order appointing SHANNON GRIFFITH as the guardian ad-litem for JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA for the purpose of bringing the herein referenced action.
Dated: December 14, 2010 Respectfully submitted,
STEWART HUMPHERYS MOLIN & GRIFFITH, LLP By: EDWARD V. RIZZUTO Attorneys for Plaintiffs
I, SHANNON GRIFFITH, nominee of the Petitioner, consent to act as guardian ad-litem for JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA, a minor, in this action.
Dated: December 14, 2010
The petition for an order appointing SHANNON GRIFFITH as guardian ad-litem for JANINE ARLETTE LAUREANA ARANDA is GRANTED.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.