IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 7, 2011
LARRY GIRALDES, PLAINTIFF,
T. TREBULA, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
Plaintiff is a state prisoner proceeding without counsel in an action brought under 42 U.S.C. § 1983. On October 14, 2010, the court issued an order setting the matter for a settlement conference; the order also stated if the parties failed to reach a settlement, the court would appoint counsel to represent plaintiff at trial. Dckt. No. 146. The case did not settle at the October 28, 2010 settlement conference. Plaintiff subsequently filed a motion for appointment of counsel. Attorney Ellen Dove, who has been selected from the court's pro bono attorney panel, is hereby appointed.
Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's October 8, 2010 motion for appointment of counsel is granted.
2. Ellen Dove is appointed to represent plaintiff for all further proceedings.
3. The Clerk is directed to substitute Ms. Dove in place of plaintiff who previously was proceeding pro se.
4. Ellen Dove shall notify Sujean Park, at 916-930-4278, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if she has any questions related to the appointment.
5. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order upon Ellen Dove, 5325 Elkhorn Boulevard #160, Sacramento, CA 95842.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.