IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 7, 2011
MARQUIS VERNARD WALKER, PLAINTIFF,
T. FELKER, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
Plaintiff is a state prisoner proceeding without counsel in an action brought under 42 U.S.C. § 1983. On October 6, 2010, Mr. Walker filed a motion for appointment of counsel pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915(e)(1). Dckt. No. 84. The court finds appointment of counsel is warranted. Attorney Bhavani G. Murugesan, who has been selected from the court's pro bono attorney panel, is hereby appointed.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's motion for appointment of counsel is granted.
2. Bhavani G. Murugesan is appointed to represent plaintiff for all further proceedings.
3. The Clerk of the Court is directed to substitute Ms. Bhavani in place of plaintiff, who previously was proceeding pro se.
4. Bhavani G. Murugesan shall notify Sujean Park, at 916-930-4278, or via email at email@example.com if she has any questions related to the appointment.
5. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order upon Bhavani G. Murugesan, 2409 Q Street, Suite 2, Sacramento, CA 95816.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.