IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 26, 2011
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
NINETY-SEVEN, MORE OR LESS, 1.2 POUND WEDGES OF GOUDA CHEESE, ARTICLES OF FOOD, LABELED IN PART: "BRAVO FARMS HANDMADE CHEESE AGED >60 DAYS PLANT #06-827 TRAVER, CA 93673 DUTCH-STYLE GOUDA " AND FOURTEEN, MORE OR LESS, 40 POUND BLOCKS OF WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE, ARTICLES OF FOOD, LABELED IN PART: "SAGE, WHITE PEPPER, AND ONION 06-827 8 13 10" AND ALL OTHER ARTICLES OF CHEESE IN ANY SIZE AND TYPE OF CONTAINER, LABELED OR UN-LABELED, EXCEPT FOR PASTEURIZED CHEESE CURDS, THAT ARE LOCATED ANYWHERE ON THE PREMISES OF BRAVO FARMS, LLC, 36005 HIGHWAY 99, TRAVER, CALIFORNIA. DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Michael Seng J. United States Magistrate Judge
APPLICATION AND ORDER FOR PUBLICATION
The United States of America, Plaintiff herein, applies for an order of publication as follows:
1. Rule G(4) of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions (hereafter "Supplemental Rules") provides that the Plaintiff shall cause public notice of the action to be given in a newspaper of general circulation or on the official internet government forfeiture site;
2. Local Rule 171, Eastern District of California, provides that the Court shall designate by order the appropriate newspaper or other vehicle for publication;
3. The defendant articles of food, as described in the above caption, are located in the city of Traver, in Tulare County, California.
4. Plaintiff proposes that publication be made as follows:
a. One publication;
b. Thirty (30) consecutive days;
c. On the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov;
d. The publication is to include the following:
(1) The Court and case number of the action;
(2) The date of the seizure/posting;
(3) The identity and/or description of the property seized/posted;
(4) The name and address of the attorney for the Plaintiff;
2 Application and Order for Publication (5) A statement that claims of persons entitled to possession or claiming an interest pursuant to Supplemental Rule G(5) must be filed with the Court and served on the attorney for the Plaintiff no later than 60 days after the first day of publication on the official internet government forfeiture site; and
(6) A statement that answers to the Complaint or a motion under Rule 12 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure ("Fed.
R. Civ. P.") must be filed and served within 21 days after the filing of the claims and, in the absence thereof, default may be entered and condemnation ordered.
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney By Kelli L. Taylor KELLI L. TAYLOR Assistant U.S. Attorney
IT IS SO ORDERED.
3 Application and Order for Publication
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.