The opinion of the court was delivered by: Oliver W. Wanger United States District Judge
SCHEDULING CONFERENCE ORDER Discovery Cut-Off: 9/30/11
Non-Dispositive Motion Filing Deadline: 10/14/11
Ctrm. 7 Hearing Date: 11/18/11 9:00
Deadline: 11/2/11 Dispositive Motion Filing
Dispositive Motion Hearing Date: 12/5/11 10:00 Ctrm. 3 Settlement Conference Date: 10/12/11 10:00 Ctrm. 7 Pre-Trial Conference Date: 1/9/12 11:00 Ctrm. 3 Trial Date: 2/28/12 9:00 Ctr. 3 (JT-3 days)
I. Date of Scheduling Conference. February 10, 2011.
II. Appearances Of Counsel.
III. Summary of Pleadings.
1. Plaintiff, J & J Sports Productions, Inc., a closed-circuit distributor of sports and entertainment programming, claims that Defendant Angela Cardoso Oliveira, individually and d/b/a Stevinson Bar & Grill, exhibited the "Number One:" The Floyd Mayweather, Jr. v. Juan Manuel Marquez fight on Saturday, September 19, 2009 (hereinafter "Program") at the establishment the Defendant was operating known as "Stevinson Bar & Grill" without the necessary closed-circuit (commercial) license she was required to obtain from the Plaintiff.
2. The Defendant denies exhibition of the Program, and/or any liability of any alleged exhibition of the Program.
IV. Orders Re Amendments To Pleadings.
1. The parties anticipate amending the pleadings and Plaintiff will do so at the conclusion of discovery. Defendant reserves the right to amend as necessary and appropriate.
A. Admitted Facts Which Are Deemed Proven Without Further Proceedings.
1. J & J Sports Productions, Inc., is a corporation licensed to do business in the State of California.
2. Defendant Angela Cardoso Oliveira does business individually and fictitiously under the name Stevinson Bar & Grill in Stevinson, California.
3. The dispute centers on whether the Defendant exhibited the "Number One:" The Floyd Mayweather, Jr. v. Juan Manuel Marquez fight on Saturday, September 19, 2009. ///
1. All remaining factual issues are contested.
1. Jurisdiction exists under 28 U.S.C. § 1331 and 47 U.S.C. §§ 553, et seq. Supplemental jurisdiction is also ...