UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
April 4, 2011
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC., PLAINTIFF,
DAVID CRANMER, AN INDIVIDUAL AND D/B/A WWW.DRAGONS-LAIR-STUDIOS.COM, AND DOES 1 THROUGH 10, INCLUSIVE, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon.Christina A. Snyder Judge, United States District Court for the Central District of California
CONSENT DECREE AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION
The Court, having read and considered the Joint Stipulation for Entry of Consent Decree and Permanent Injunction that has been executed by Plaintiff Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. ("Plaintiff") and Defendant David Cranmer, an individual and d/b/a www.dragons-lair-studios.com ("Defendant"), in this action, and good cause appearing therefore, hereby:
ORDERS that based on the Parties' stipulation and only as to Defendant, his successors, heirs, and assignees, this Injunction shall be and is hereby entered in the within action as follows:
1) This Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this action and over the subject matter hereof pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., and 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1338. Service of process was properly made against Defendant.
2) Plaintiff owns or controls the copyright or pertinent exclusive right to distribute or license the distribution of home video and digital products, including video home cassettes (VHS) as well as optical discs, including, but not limited to, video compact discs (VCDs), digital versatile discs (DVDs) and Blu-ray discs (collectively "Media Products") incorporating the motion picture or television titles subject to the copyright registrations listed in Exhibit "A" attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference (collectively referred to herein as "Plaintiff's Works").
3) Plaintiff has alleged that Defendant has made unauthorized uses of Plaintiff's Works or substantially similar likenesses or colorable imitations thereof.
4) Defendant and his agents, servants, employees, representatives, successor and assigns, and all persons, firms, corporations or other entities in active concert or participation with him who receive actual notice of the Injunction are hereby restrained and permanently enjoined from infringing -- directly, contributorily or vicariously -- or enabling, facilitating, permitting, assisting, soliciting, encouraging, inducing, authorizing, aiding or abetting, materially contributing to, or persuading anyone to infringe in any manner Plaintiff's Works, including, but not limited to, the following:
a) Copying, reproducing, downloading, distributing, uploading, linking to,transmitting, or publicly performing, or using trademarks, trade names or logos in connection with unauthorized Media Products containing any of Plaintiff's Works;
b) Enabling, facilitating, permitting, assisting, soliciting, encouraging, abetting, or inducing any person or entity to copy, reproduce, download, distribute, upload, link to, transmit, or publicly perform any of Plaintiff's Works; or
c) Profiting from the unauthorized copying, reproduction, downloading, distribution, uploading, linking to, transmission, or public performance of any of Plaintiff's Works while declining to exercise a right to stop or limit such unauthorized copying, reproduction, downloading, distribution, uploading, linking to, transmission, or public performance of any of Plaintiff's Works.
5) Each side shall bear its own fees and costs of suit.
6) Except as provided herein, all claims alleged in the Complaint are dismissed with prejudice.
7) This Injunction shall be deemed to have been served upon Defendant at the time of its execution by the Court.
8) The Court finds there is no just reason for delay in entering this Injunction and, pursuant to Rule 54(a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Court directs immediate entry of this Injunction against Defendant.
9) The Court shall retain jurisdiction of this action to entertain such further proceedings and to enter such further orders as may be necessary or appropriate to implement and enforce the provisions of this Injunction.
10) The above-captioned action, shall, upon filing by Plaintiff of the Settlement Agreement, Stipulation for Entry of Judgment and Judgment Pursuant to Stipulation, and requesting entry of judgment against Defendant, be reopened should Defendant default under the terms of the Settlement Agreement.
11) This Court shall retain jurisdiction over Defendant for the purpose of making further orders necessary or proper for the construction or modification of this consent decree and judgment; the enforcement hereof; the punishment of any violations hereof; and for the possible entry of a further Judgment Pursuant to Stipulation in this action.
J. Andrew Coombs, A Prof. Corp. By: J. Andrew Coombs Nicole L. Drey Attorneys for Plaintiff Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. David Cranmer, an individual and d/b/a www.dragons-lair-studios.com By: David Cranmer, an individual and d/b/a www.dragons-lair-studios.com Defendant, in pro se
EXHIBIT A PLAINTIFF'S WORKS
Titles Registration No. A Guy Named Joe R498857 Atlantis: The Lost Continent RE 391285 Back from Eternity RE222933 1934: R281164 1957: RE189392 Beast with Five Fingers, The R571691 Between Two Worlds R521034 Barretts of Wimpole St. CYCLOPS (1956): RE226773 Cyclops, The Date with Judy R608 825 Doc Savage RE 882-805 1977: Pt. 1- PA277927 1979: Pt. 2- Gathering, The PA277928 Genesis II RE852102 Green Slime, The RE731544 Hold On! RE630129 Horn Blows at Midnight, The R538964 I Married an Angel R461980 Last Dinosaur, The RE922678 Mysterious Doctor, The R498954 Nightmare Honeymoon RE829169 LP 46640; RE901115 Phantom Tollbooth, The RE759724 Planet Earth RE862172 Pretty Maids All in a Row RE811078 Rage in Heaven R430335 Scooby Doo Movies PA1-086-943 Spirit, The PA 305-711 Tea and Sympathy RE189384 Tenth Avenue Angel R594212 Twilight Zone: The Movie PA185632 Norman. Is that you?
1925 VERSION: R108452 1930 VERSION: Unholy Three, The R207062 Very Thought of You, The R533120 Walking Dead, The R318859 Wild, Wild Planet RE630140 Wonder Woman LP47005 Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm, The RE494242 Awakening, The PA106609 Daffy Duck's Quackbuster PA475341 Nightmare Honeymoon RE829169 Wonderful Wizard of Oz Documentaries and More, The -Angela Lansbury Behind the Scenes PA731481
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.