IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
April 4, 2011
JERALD CLINTON (J.C.) EAGLESMITH,
RAMONA EAGLESMITH, JUSTUS EAGLESMITH, EILEEN COX AND BRUCE
JEFF RAY, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, SUE SEGURA, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, BRIAN WILLIAMS, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, TERRY OESTREICH, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, TORI WILLITS, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, GLENN HARRIS, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YVONNE
BALES, AS AN INDIVIDUAL, AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF PLUMAS COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION/ PLUMAS COUNTY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: John A. Mendez United States District Judge
DAN SIEGEL, SBN 56400 PETER HABERFELD, SBN 41723 MICHAEL SIEGEL, SBN 269439 SIEGEL & YEE 499 14th Street, Suite 220 Oakland, CA 94612 Telephone: (510) 839-1200 Facsimile: (510) 444-6698 Attorneys for Plaintiffs JERALD CLINTON (J.C.) EAGLESMITH, RAMONA EAGLESMITH, JUSTUS EAGLESMITH, EILEEN COX, And BRUCE BARNES
PETITION AND ORDER FOR BARNES APPOINTMENT OF GUARDIAN AD LITEM
Petitioner Ramona Eaglesmith states as follows:
1. Justus Eaglesmith, my son, is a minor of the age of 12 years. Eaglesmith v. Ray, Case No. 2:22-CV-0098-JAM-JFM Petition and Order for Appointment of Guardian Ad Litem- 1 ted with pdfFactory trial version www.pdffactory.com
2. Justus Eaglesmith is about to commence an action in this court against Defendants Ray, Segura, Willits and the Plumas County Office of Education/Plumas Unified School District (PCOE/PUSD) claiming that they discriminated against him on the basis of race, national origin, ethnic group identification, and religion in violation of 42 U.S.C.2000d, California Education Code Section 220, and California Government Code section 11135 by denying him benefits under the state and federally financed educational program and activity.
3. Justus Eaglesmith has no general guardian and no previous petition for appointment of a guardian ad litem has been filed in this matter.
4. Jerald Clinton (J.C.) Eaglesmith is Justus' father and is also a plaintiff in this action. I live with him and Justus at the following address: Jerald Eaglesmith, 5612 Genesee Road, Taylorsville, California 95983. He is a responsible person, and is fully competent to act as Justus' guardian ad litem.
5. Jerald Clinton is willing to act as guardian ad litem for petitioner, as appears by his consent attached hereto.
WHEREFORE, petitioner moves this court for an order appointing Jerald Clinton (J.C.) Eaglesmith as guardian ad litem of petitioner for the purpose of bringing action against defendants Ray, Segura, Willits and PCOE/PUSD on the claims hereinabove stated.
ORDER The petition for an order appointing Jerald Clinton (J.C.) Eaglesmith as guardian ad litem for Petitioner is GRANTED.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.