The opinion of the court was delivered by: Morrison C. England, Jr. United States District Judge
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney DAVID T. SHELLEDY Assistant U.S. Attorney 501 I Street, Suite 10-100 Sacramento, CA 95814 Telephone: (916)554-2799 Attorneys for the United States
APPLICATION AND ORDER
The United States applies for an order of publication as follows:
1. Rule G(4) of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions (hereafter "Supplemental Rules") provides that the United States shall cause public notice of the action to be given in a newspaper of general circulation or on the official internet government forfeiture site;
2. Local Rule 171, Eastern District of California, provides that the Court shall designate by order the appropriate newspaper or other vehicle for publication;
3. The defendant Approximately $658,830.00 in U.S. Currency (hereafter "defendant currency") was seized in the city of West Sacramento, in Yolo County, California. The Drug Enforcement Administration published notice of the non-judicial forfeiture of the defendant currency on August 13, 20 and 27, 2010, in The Wall Street Journal.
4. The United States proposes that publication be made as follows:
b. Thirty (30) consecutive days;
c. On the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov;
d. The publication is to include the following:
(1) The Court and case number of the action;
(2) The date of the seizure/posting;
(3) The identity and/or description of the property ...