The opinion of the court was delivered by: Oliver W. Wanger United States District Judge
SCHEDULING CONFERENCE ORDER
Discovery Cut-Off: 9/3/12
Ctrm. 7 Hearing Date: 10/19/12 9:00
Deadline: 9/28/12 Dispositive Motion Filing
Dispositive Motion Hearing Date: 10/29/12 10:00 Ctrm. 3
9/25/12 10:30 Ctrm. 7 Settlement Conference Date:
Pre-Trial Conference Date: 12/3/12 11:00 Ctrm. 3
Ctrm. 3 (JT-3 days) Trial Date: 1/29/13 9:00
I. Date of Scheduling Conference. May 4, 2011.
III. Summary of Pleadings.
1. Plaintiff, J & J Sports Productions, Inc., a closed-circuit distributor of sports and entertainment programming, claims that Defendant Refugio Ramirez, individually and d/b/a Pirate Pizza, exhibited the "Firepower": Manny Pacquiao v. Miguel Cotto, WBO Welterweight of Saturday, November 14, 2009 (hereinafter "Program") at the establishment the Defendant was operating known as "Pirate Pizza" without the necessary closed-circuit (commercial) license he was required to obtain from the Plaintiff.
2. The Defendant denies exhibition of the Program, and/or any liability of any alleged exhibition of the Program.
IV. Orders Re Amendments To Pleadings.
1. The Plaintiff anticipates amending its Complaint at the conclusion of discovery to assert additional claims/parties to causes of action against the Defendant. The parties shall endeavor to complete sufficient discovery to permit any amendment of pleadings within ninety days following the exchange of Rule 26(a) information.
A. Admitted Facts Which Are Deemed Proven Without Further Proceedings.
1. J & J Sports Productions, Inc. is a corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of California and licenses sports events including boxing contests.
2. Defendant Refugio Ramirez d/b/a Pirate Pizza is in Reedley, California.
1. All remaining facts are contested.