UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA WESTERN DIVISION
May 16, 2011
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF,
$33,905.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY, DEFENDANT. ELIOT DAMONE FRANKS, CLAIMANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable George H.KING United States District Judge
CONSENT JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE
Plaintiff United States of America ("plaintiff") initiated this action by filing a Verified Complaint for Forfeiture ("Complaint") on September 24, 2010. Notice was given and published in accordance with law. Eliot Damone Franks ("claimant") filed timely a claim and answer. No other claims or answers have been filed, and the time for filing claims and answers has expired.
Plaintiff and claimant have reached an agreement that is dispositive of this action. Plaintiff and claimant hereby request that the Court enter this Consent Judgment of Forfeiture.
WHEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED:
1. This court has jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter of this action.
2. Notice of this action has been given in accordance with law. All potential claimants to the defendant $33,905.00 in U.S. currency ("defendant currency") other than claimant are deemed to have admitted the allegations of the Complaint. The allegations set out in the Complaint are sufficient to establish a basis for forfeiture.
3. The United States of America shall have judgment as to the defendant $33,905.00 in U.S. currency and all interest earned thereon. No other person or entity shall have any right, title or interest in the forfeited currency. The United States Marshals Service is ordered to dispose of the forfeited currency in accordance with law.
4. Claimant hereby releases the United States of America, its agencies, agents, and officers, including employees and agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, from any and all claims, actions or liabilities arising out of or related to this action, including, without limitation, any claim for attorneys' fees, costs or interest which may be asserted on behalf of claimants, whether pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2465 or otherwise.
5. The Court finds that there was reasonable cause for the seizure of the defendant currency and institution of these proceedings. This judgment shall be construed as a certificate of reasonable cause pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2465.
Approved as to form and content: DATED: April , 2011 ANDRE BIROTTE JR. United States Attorney ROBERT E. DUGDALE Assistant United States Attorney Chief, Criminal Division STEVEN R. WELK Assistant United States Attorney Chief, Asset Forfeiture Section MICHELE C. MARCHAND Assistant United States Attorney Attorneys for Plaintiff United States of America DATED: April , 2011 LAW OFFICES OF WILLIAM S. PITMAN WILLIAM S. PITMAN Attorney for Claimant Eliot Damone Franks DATED: April , 2011 ELIOT DAMONE FRANKS, Claimant
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.