UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
May 31, 2011
OAKLAND UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, RESPONDENT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Maria-elena James United States District Court Judge
JACQUELINE P. MINOR, State Bar No. 102735 MARION L. MCWILLIAMS, State Bar No. 187532 MICHAEL L. SMITH, State Bar No. 217751 OAKLAND UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT 1025 Second Avenue, Room 406 Oakland, CA 94606 Telephone: (510) 879-8535 Fax: (510) 879-1833 email@example.com Attorneys for Petitioner OAKLAND UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
PETITIONER FRANCISCO AND RESPONDENT OUSD'S JOINT STIPULATED BRIEFING SCHEDULE AND [PROPOSED] ORDER THEREON
IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED AND AGREED by Petitioner, EVELYN FRANCISCO ("Ms. Francisco"), and Respondent, OAKLAND UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT ("District"), by and through 3 their respective attorneys (collectively, "the Parties"), that:
WHEREAS, Ms. Francisco's current H-1B Visa is set to expire on June 30, 2011;
WHEREAS, the Court is asked to determine whether or not the District must sponsor renewal of Ms. Francisco for another H-1B Visa;
WHEREAS, the parties have entered into and filed a Joint Stipulation to Pertinent Facts; and
WHEREAS, the Parties have agreed to not engage in any discovery in this matter;
The Parties hereby respectfully submit the following briefing schedule for the instant action in order that the matter may be decided by the Court, subject to the Court's discretion, by June 27, 2011:
1. On or before June 2, 2011, the District shall e-file any Opposition (and papers in support thereof) ("Opposition") to Ms. Francisco's memorandum of points and authorities in support of writ of mandate, et seq., that Ms. Francisco filed in Alameda Superior Court on September 27, 2010;
2. On or before June 9, 2011, Ms. Francisco shall e-file any Reply (and papers in support thereof) to the District's Opposition;
3. As of June 10, 2011, the Parties and the Court will consider the matter submitted to the Court for consideration and decision without oral argument, except and unless specifically ordered to appear before the Court for oral argument;
4. If the Court orders the Parties to appear for oral argument, the Parties will appear on Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. in Courtroom B, 15th Floor; and
5. The Court will issue an Order on the pending action on or before June 27, 2011, subject to the Court's availability and discretion in making a decision on such matter on or before that date.
IT IS SO STIPULATED.
GOOD CAUSE APPEARING, the Court hereby adopts and enters as its own order the Parties' stipulated briefing schedule set forth above. IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.