ORDER SETTING STATUS (PRETRIAL SCHEDULING) CONFERENCE
Plaintiffs, proceeding pro se, commenced this action arising from a mortgage foreclosure on June 1, 2011, by filing a complaint and paying the required filing fee. The Clerk has issued a summons as to the sole named defendant. The case has been referred to the undersigned for all purposes encompassed by Local Rule 302(c)(21).
Good cause appearing, IT IS ORDERED that:
1. A Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference is set for Friday, October 7, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. at the United States District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California, in Courtroom No. 27 before the undersigned;
2. Within fourteen (14) days after plaintiffs are served with this order, plaintiffs shall serve a copy of this order upon the defendant;
3. Within five (5) days after serving a copy of this order upon the defendant, plaintiffs shall file a certificate of service indicating the date and manner of service of the order upon the defendant;
4. Any party may appear at the Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference telephonically if the party pre-arranges such appearance by contacting Pete Buzo, the courtroom deputy of the undersigned magistrate judge, at (916) 930-4128 at least 48 hours before the Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference;
5. Plaintiffs shall file and serve a status report on or before September 23, 2011, and defendant shall file and serve a status report on or before September 30, 2011. Each status report shall address all of the following matters:
a. Progress of service of process;
b. Possible joinder of additional parties;
c. Possible amendment of the pleadings;
d. Jurisdiction and venue;
e. Anticipated motions and the scheduling thereof;
f. Anticipated discovery and the scheduling thereof, including disclosure of expert witnesses;
g. Future proceedings, including the setting of appropriate cut-off dates for discovery and for law and motion, and the scheduling of a ...