ORDER SETTING CASE FOR A SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE
Plaintiff Willie Lee Carpenter, a state prisoner proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis, filed this civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983 on January 22, 2007. Magistrate Judge Jennifer L. Thurston will conduct a settlement conference at California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC) on August 12, 2011 at 10:00 a.m.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This case is set for a settlement conference before Magistrate Judge Jennifer L. Thurston on August 12, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. at California State Prison, Los Angeles County, 44750 60th Street, West Lancaster, California 93536.
2. The parties are to provide confidential settlement conference statements to Sujean Park, ADR Program Director, 501 I Street, Suite 4-200, Sacramento, California 95814, or via e-mail at email@example.com so they arrive no later than August 1, 2011.
3. Defendants' lead counsel and a person with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement on defendants' behalf shall attend in person. *fn1
4. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.
5. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order on the Litigation Office at California State Prison, Los Angeles County via facsimile at (661) 729-6994.