UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA FRESNO DIVISION
July 7, 2011
IN RE APPLICATION OF: REPUBLIC OF ECUADOR AND DR. DIEGO GARCIA CARRION, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE REPUBLIC OF ECUADOR, APPLICANTS, FOR THE ISSUANCE OF SUBPOENAS UNDER 28 U.S.C. &SECT; 1782(A) FOR THE TAKING OF DEPOSITIONS OF AND THE PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS BY DOUGLAS M. MACKAY FOR USE IN A FOREIGN PROCEEDING.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary S. Austin United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER GRANTING CHEVRON CORPORATION'S UNOPPOSED MOTION TO INTERVENE AND ENTERING STIPULATED BRIEFING SCHEDULE (Documents 8 & 10)
In consideration of Chevron's Unopposed Motion for Leave to Intervene in the Republic of Ecuador's and Dr. Garcia Carrion's (collectively, the "ROE") Application for the Issuance of a Subpoena Under 28 U.S.C. § 1782(a) to Douglas Mackay, it is hereby ORDERED that the Motion is GRANTED.
In consideration of the Stipulated Request for Entry of the Proposed Briefing Scheduling, it is hereby ORDERED that the Stipulated Request is GRANTED; and It is further ORDERED that the schedule set forth below shall apply to this matter:
1. Respondent Chevron Corporation's Opposition to the ROE's Application for the Issuance of a Subpoena Under 28 U.S.C. § 1782(a) to Douglas M. Mackay shall be filed on or before July 15, 2011;
2. Applicant ROE's Reply to the Opposition filed by Respondent Chevron Corporation shall be filed on or before July 29, 2011;
3. A hearing is scheduled for August 26, 2011, at 9:30 a.m. in Courtroom 10;
4. Documents shall be produced within 7 days of service of an authorized subpoena;
5. The deposition shall be scheduled at the San Francisco offices of Winston & Strawn LLP on an agreed-upon date within 45 days of service of an authorized subpoena.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.