The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge: Honorable Samuel Conti
OPERATING ENGINEERS' HEALTH AND JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT STATEMENT AND REQUEST FOR CONTINUANCE
Plaintiffs and Defendants jointly request that the Case Management Conference currently scheduled for July 22, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. be continued for approximately 60 -- 90 days, as 28 follows:
1. On May 27, 2011, Plaintiffs filed an Amended Complaint to include Defendants James Ray Beck, individually and doing business as JRB Grading & Paving, also known as JRB Grading & Paving, LLC.
2. On June 24, 2011, Defendants filed their Answer to the Amended Complaint.
3. Earlier today, Plaintiffs filed an Administrative Motion to Consider Whether Case No. C11-0454 PJH (Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Trust Fund v. James Ray Beck, 7 individually, and dba JRB Grading & Paving aka JRB Grading & Paving, LLC) should be Related
Pursuant to Civil Local Rule 3-12.
4. Both parties anticipate further discovery and may wish to participate in mediation in the event that a resolution cannot be reached informally through direct negotiations.
5. If resolution cannot be reached informally, Plaintiffs will file a Motion for Summary Judgment.
6. There is nothing to discuss at a Case Management Conference at the present time as the parties are cooperating with one another to move toward resolution.
7. We therefore jointly request that the Case Management Conference be continued for 60 -- 90 days to allow the parties ample time to propound further discovery, and prepare and 17 attend mediation, or in the alternative, prepare a Motion for Summary Judgment. 18
Dated: July 15, 2011 SALTZMAN & JOHNSON LAWCORPORATION By: s/ Blake E. Williams Attorneys for Plaintiffs Dated: July 15, 2011 BOHNEN, ROSENTHAL & KREEFT 23 ...