UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO DIVISION
July 21, 2011
DEE HENSLEY-MACLEAN AND
JENNIFER ROSEN, ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES AND THOSE SIMILARLY SITUATED,
SAFEWAY, INC. AND DOES 1-20,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Richard Seeborg United States District Judge
*E-Filed 7/21/11* STEPHEN GARDNER (PRO HAC VICE) CENTER FOR SCIENCE IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST2 5646 Milton Street, Suite 211 Dallas, Texas 75206 3 Counsel for Plaintiffs and the Proposed Class 4 JESSE F. RUIZ, SBN 77984 5 ROBINSON &WOOD,INC. 227 N. 1st Street 6 San Jose, CA 95113 firstname.lastname@example.org 7 Tel: (408) 298-7120 Fax: (408) 298-0477 8 Counsel for Defendant, Safeway, Inc.
JOINT PROPOSED BRIEFING SCHEDULE FOR 15
Pursuant to the Court's Civil Minute Order dated July 14, 2011 (Doc. 48), the parties submit this Joint Proposed Briefing Schedule for Class Certification. 21
1. Class Certification. Plaintiffs' class certification motion pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23 shall be filed with an opening brief on or before April 9, 2012. Defendant's opposition brief shall be filed no later than 45 days after filing of the 24 25 motion. Plaintiffs' reply brief shall be filed no later than 45 days after filing of the opposi- tion brief. After the Court rules on class certification, the parties will submit proposed dates for merits discovery, dispositive motions, and trial.
2. Hearing on Class Certification. Hearing on the class certification
will be set for July 26, 2012 at 1:30 p.m. 3
3. Pre-Discovery Disclosures. The parties will exchange the
mation required by Fed. R. Civ. P. 26(a)(1) by August 15, 2011. 5
4. Discovery. The parties will serve all discovery requests so as to be completed by March 15, 2012. As required by Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(a)(2), reports from ex-7 8 perts retained relating to class certification are due from the parties by January 16, 2012, and reports from rebuttal experts retained relating to class certification are due by February 15, 2012. 11
5. Amendment of the Pleadings. All motions to amend the pleadings shall be filed on or before March 26, 2012. 13
6. Joinder of Parties. All motions to join additional parties shall be filed on or before March 26, 2012. 15 16
Daniel T. LeBel
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.