UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN JOSE DIVISION
July 21, 2011
IN RE WELLS FARGO MORTGAGE-BACKED CERTIFICATES LITIGATION
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Lucy H. Koh United States District Judge
United States District Court For the Northern District of California
ORDER REGARDING EDITS TO PROPOSED CLASS NOTICE
As discussed at the preliminary fairness hearing on the proposed settlement in this action, the Court asks that the Plaintiffs submit a revised class notice and proposed order with the 19 following changes:
1) Update Table A with corrected values.
2) Clarify language in notice to indicate that if investors recognized a gain in selling trust certificates, they are not entitled to a recovery.
3) Add illustrative examples for each calculation potential class members might need to complete in ¶¶ 41-43.
4) In the cell describing the consequences of opting out on page 4, clarify that potential class members who opt out may seek recovery through other litigation.
5) In ¶ 59, indicate the total dollar amount of attorneys' fees that may be sought.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.