The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Ronald M. Whyte
BRUCE L. SIMON (Bar No. 96241) email@example.com WILLIAM J. NEWSOM (Bar No. 267643) firstname.lastname@example.org PEARSON, SIMON, WARSHAW & PENNY, LLP 44 Montgomery Street, Suite 2450 San Francisco, California 94104 Telephone: (415) 433-9000 Facsimile: (415) 433-9008 Attorneys for Plaintiff REUBEN JOSEPH REYES KAMALA D. HARRIS Attorney General of California JAY C. RUSSELL Supervising Deputy Attorney General *E-FILED - 7/22/11* MICHAEL J. QUINN Deputy Attorney General State Bar No. 209542 455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 11000 San Francisco, CA 94102-7004 Telephone: (415) 703-5726 Fax: (415) 703-5843 E-mail: Michael.Quinn@doj.ca.gov Attorneys for Defendants FISCHER, HARRISON, HOREL, TERRY, CHADWICK, and BERKLER
STIPULATION AND  ORDER CONTINUING:
[Civil Local Rules 6-2 and 7-12]
1. The following stipulation requests that the Non-Expert Discovery Cut-Off,
2 set for May 30, 2011, and previously requested to be extended by one month to June 30, 2011, 3 now be extended to August 30, 2011,and that all related deadlines be continued accordingly.
Pursuant to Civil Local Rules 6-2 and 7-12, Plaintiff Reuben Reyes and Defendants Horel, Terry, Chadwick, Harrison, Fischer, and Berkler, by and through their respective counsel, stipulate and request as follows:
1. WHEREAS, on March 3, 2011 the Court issued a Case Management Scheduling Order (Docket No. 102), setting the Non-Expert Discovery Cut-Off for May 30, 2011;
2. WHEREAS, the parties have diligently pursued discovery matters, but have been delayed by availability and scheduling problems between the parties, the attorneys, and the state prison;
3. WHEREAS Defendant Terry is currently on medical leave and likely will be unable to appear for a deposition until August of 2011;
4. WHEREAS, the parties have had delays in document discovery because of the confidential nature of certain documents and the need for protective orders and signatures releasing certain information;
5. WHEREAS, with respect to Civil L.R. 6-2(a)(1), the parties have conferred regarding particular reasons an extension of the deadline is mutually-agreeable, including: a) the parties have noticed depositions, but have been unable to find a mutually agreeable date prior to the discovery cut-off; and b) the parties have arranged for mutually agreeable dates and locations for depositions in the months of July and August. modifications in this action include: a) Defendants' motion to change time for filing a dispositive 3 motion, which was granted by this Court on April 15, 2009 (Docket No. 21); b) a second motion 4 to change time filed by Defendants in order to enable Defendant Chadwick to join Defendants Horel, Berkler, Harrison, and Fischer's Motion for Summary Judgment, granted by this Court on August 25, 2009 (Docket No. 65).); and c) a Stipulation and [Proposed] Order Continuing: 1. Non-7
Expert Discovery Cut-Off; and 2. Related Deadlines (Docket No. 104), filed May 27, 2011; and
of the Non-Expert Discovery Cut-Off and related deadlines will likely delay the case and trial 11 accordingly, but due to the ...