UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
August 24, 2011
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC., PLAINTIFF,
KEN PADGETT, AN INDIVIDUAL AND D/B/A WWW.UNIQUE-DVD.COM AND UNIQUE DVD, AND DOES 1 THROUGH 10, INCLUSIVE, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. S. James Otero Judge, United States District Court for the Central District of California
CONSENT DECREE AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION
The Court, having read and considered the Joint Stipulation for Entry of Consent Decree and Permanent Injunction that has been executed by Plaintiff Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. ("Plaintiff") and Defendant Ken Padgett, an individual and d/b/a www.unique-dvd.com and Unique DVD (collectively "Defendants"), in this action, and good cause appearing therefore, hereby:
ORDERS that based on the Parties' stipulation and only as to Defendant, his successors, heirs, and assignees, this Injunction shall be and is hereby entered in the within action as follows:
1) This Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this action and over the subject matter hereof pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., and 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1338.
Service of process was properly made against Defendant.
2) Plaintiff owns or controls the copyright or pertinent exclusive right to distribute or license the distribution of home video and digital products, including video home cassettes (VHS) as well as optical discs, including, but not limited to, video compact discs (VCDs), digital versatile discs (DVDs) and Blu-ray discs (collectively "Media Products") incorporating the motion picture or television titles subject to the copyright registrations listed in Exhibit "A" attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference (collectively referred to herein as "Plaintiff's Works").
3) Plaintiff has alleged that Defendant have made unauthorized uses of Plaintiff's Works or substantially similar likenesses or colorable imitations thereof.
4) Defendant and his agents, servants, employees, representatives, successor and assigns, and all persons, firms, corporations or other entities in active concert or participation with him who receive actual notice of the Injunction are hereby restrained and permanently enjoined from infringing -- directly, contributorily or vicariously -- or enabling, facilitating, permitting, assisting, soliciting, encouraging, inducing, authorizing, aiding or abetting, materially contributing to, or persuading anyone to infringe in any manner Plaintiff's Works, including, but not limited to, the following:
a) Copying, reproducing, downloading, distributing, uploading, linking to, transmitting, or publicly performing, or using trademarks, trade names or logos in connection with unauthorized Media Products containing any of Plaintiff's Works;
b) Enabling, facilitating, permitting, assisting, soliciting, encouraging, abetting, or inducing any person or entity to copy, reproduce, download, distribute, upload, link to, transmit, or publicly perform any of Plaintiff's Works; or
c) Profiting from the unauthorized copying, reproduction, downloading, distribution, uploading, linking to, transmission, or public performance of any of Plaintiff's Works while declining to exercise a right to stop or limit such unauthorized copying, reproduction, downloading, distribution, uploading, linking to, transmission, or public performance of any of Plaintiff's Works.
5) Each side shall bear its own fees and costs of suit.
6) Except as provided herein, all claims alleged in the Complaint are dismissed with prejudice.
7) This Injunction shall be deemed to have been served upon Defendant at the time of its execution by the Court.
8) The Court finds there is no just reason for delay in entering this Injunction and, pursuant to Rule 54(a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Court directs immediate entry of this Injunction against Defendant.
9) The Court shall retain jurisdiction of this action to entertain such further proceedings and to enter such further orders as may be necessary or appropriate to implement and enforce the provisions of this Injunction.
10) The above-captioned action, shall, upon filing by Plaintiff of the Settlement Agreement, Stipulation for Entry of Judgment and Judgment Pursuant to Stipulation, and requesting entry of judgment against Defendants, be reopened should Defendant default under the terms of the Settlement Agreement.
11) This Court shall retain jurisdiction over Defendants for the purpose of making further orders necessary or proper for the construction or modification of this consent decree and judgment; the enforcement hereof; the punishment of any violations hereof; and for the possible entry of a further Judgment Pursuant to Stipulation in this action.
J. Andrew Coombs, A Prof. Corp.
J. Andrew Coombs Nicole L. Drey Attorneys for Plaintiff Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Law Office of Kent M. Walker
Kent M. Walker Attorney for Defendant Ken Padgett, an individual and d/b/a www.unique-dvd.com and Unique DVD
Title REGISTRATION NUMBERS
Tell It to the Marines 1926 R136526 The Unholy Three (Silent) 1925 R108452 The Unholy Three (Sound) 1930 R207062 The Monster 1925 R106670 While the City Sleeps 1928 R174358 Where East is East 1929 R187694 West of Zanzibar 1928 R176996 Mr. Wu 1927 R144501 The Road to Mandalay 1926 R133174 He Who Gets Slapped 1924 R101329 Mockery 1927 R156199 A Coy Decoy 1941 PA 659962 (colorized version) A Hound for Trouble 1951 R681322 A Jolly Good Furlough 1943 R498961 A Wild Hare 1940 R434265 Africa Squeaks 1940 PA 736-501 (colorized version) Goldilocks and the Jivin Bears 1944 R528834 Goofy Groceries 1941 R448143 Green Pastures 1936 Motion Picture R320081 Hare Ribbin 1944 R528832 Robinson Crusoe Jr. 1941 PA 620778 (colorized version) Russian Rhapsody 1944 R521068 Angel Puss 1944 R521071 Aviation Vacation 1941 R453516 Bacall to Arms 1946 R562342 Blitz Wolf, The 1942 R468371 Little Ol' Bosko and the Cannibals 1937 R344948 Little Ol' Bosko in Bagdad 1938 R352572 Bosko's Picture Show 1933 R281465 Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips 1944 R521055 Bunker Hill Bunny 1950 R656664 Bushy Hare 1950 R656669 Caballero Droopy 1952 RE 43-725 Caveman Inki 1950 R656677 Clean Pastures 1937 R344115 Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs 1943 R479245 Confederate Honey 1940 R428513 Confusions of a Nutsy Spy 1943 PA 659-485 (colorized version) Daffy Duckaroo 1942 PA 659-950 (colorized version) Draftee Daffy 1945 R533335 Droopy's Good Deed 1951 RE 10-224 Feather in His Hare 1948 R569649 Flop Goes the Weasel 1943 R607178 Frigid Hare 1950 R628516 From Hand to Mouse 1945 R543342 Garden Gopher 1950 R672523 Herr Meets Hare 1945 R534615 Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt 1941 R453511 Hillbilly Hare 1950 R681354 His Mouse Friday 1951 RE10-266 Horse Hare 1960 RE 341-378 Injun Trouble 1969 PA 736-505 (colorized version) Inki and the Lion 1941 R453514 Inki at the Circus 1947 R580304 Island Fling 1947 R573497 Isle of Pingo Pongo 1938 R399880 Little Lion Hunter 1939 R414831 Little Red Riding Rabbit 1944 R506495 Magical Maestro 1952 RE 10-239 Mississippi Hare 1949 R629532 Operation Rabbit 1952 R681339 Plane Daffy 1944 R528833 September in the Rain 1937 R369891 Sioux Me 1939 R414827 Southern Fried Rabbit 1953 RE 48-103 Sunday Go to Meetin Time 1936 R330999 Super Rabbit 1943 R500668 Swing Social 1940 R410577 Swing Wedding 1937 R333483 Swooner Crooner 1944 R521066 The Good Egg 1939 R414832 The Case of the Stuttering Pig 1937 PA 733-433 (colorized version) Tin Pan Alley Cats 1943 R506494 Tom Tom Tomcat 1953 RE 48-106 Uncle Tom's Bungalow 1937 R344117 Uncle Tom's Cabana 1947 R581040 Wagon Heels 1945 R539686 Weakly Reporter 1944 R521059 What's Cookin Doc 1944 R506496 Which is Witch 1949 R628524 Wise Quackers 1949 R623861 King of the Underworld 1939 R396026 It All Came True 1940 R428508 Chain Lightning 1950 R666338 Men are Such Fools 1938 R359674 Two Mrs. Carrolls, The 1947 R578352 Great O Malley, The 1937 R333667 Battle Circus 1953 RE43693 Racket Busters 1938 R380514 China Clipper 1936 R333650 Swing Your Lady 1938 R359654 You Can't Get Away With Murder 1939 R406270 Big Shot, The 1942 R474639 Conflict 1945 R538967 One Fatal Hour 1936 R320085 Isle of Fury 1936 R333649 Big City Blues 1932 R242624 Oklahoma Kid 1939 R406262 Sunday Go to Meetin' Time 1936 R330999 Clean Pastures 1937 R344115 Uncle Tom's Bungalow 1937 R344417 The Isle of Pingo Pongo 1938 R399880 Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs 1943 R479245 Tin Pan Alley Cats 1943 R506494 Angel Puss 1944 R521071 Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears 1944 R528834 Christopher Columbus (1985) on 2 DVDs PA 260414, PA 260415 1998 24-part mini-series:
PA922578 PA921658 PA922577 PA921660 PA921518 PA921521 PA921523 PA921514 PA921522 PA921515 PA921517
Cold War Propaganda Films on 2 DVDs 9 ( WB holds rights in 1998 mini series entitled "Cold War."
PA921519 PA746593 PA746592 PA746600 PA746603 PA746602 PA746857 PA746599 PA746604 PA953153 PA953152 PA953147 PA953154 Dream West 1986 mini series PA 295983 Lace 1 & 2 (19841985) on 3 DVDs PA 214248, PA 252136 Napoleon and Josephine: A Love Story 1987 miniseries on 3 DVDs PA 380893 Episode I: PA36469 Episode II: PA36468 Episode III: PA36467 Soldier in the Rain on DVD 1963 RE 562423 Unholy Three 1925&1930 on one DVDR 1925: R108452;
Pearl (1978) miniseries on 2 DVDs
World War III 1982 miniseries on 2 DVDs PA624026
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.