UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA WESTERN DIVISION
September 15, 2011
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
$25,000.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY, DEFENDANT. ADRIAN GARCIA DE ALBA,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable Percy Anderson United States District Judge
CONSENT JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE
This action was filed on July 5, 2011. Notice was given and published in accordance with law. No statements of interest or answers have been filed, and the time for filing such statements and answers has expired. Plaintiff and potential claimant Adrian Garcia De Alba ("claimant"), from whom the $25,000.00 in U.S. currency ("defendant currency") was seized and who filed an administrative claim thereto, have reached an agreement that is dispositive of the action. The parties hereby request that the Court enter this Consent Judgment of Forfeiture.
WHEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED:
1. This Court has jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter of this action.
2. Notice of this action has been given in accordance with law. All potential claimants to the defendant currency other than claimant are deemed to have admitted the allegations of the Complaint. The allegations set out in the Complaint are sufficient to establish a basis for forfeiture.
3. The United States of America shall have judgment as to the entirety of the defendant currency, plus all interest earned by the government on the full amount of the defendant currency, and no other person or entity shall have any right, title or interest therein. The United States Marshals Service is ordered to dispose of said assets in accordance with law.
4. Claimant hereby releases the United States of America, its agencies, agents, and officers, including employees and agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration, from any and all claims, actions or liabilities arising out of or related to this action, including, without limitation, any claim for attorney's fees, costs or interest which may be asserted on behalf of the claimant, whether pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2465 or otherwise.
5. The court finds that there was reasonable cause for the seizure of the defendant currency and institution of these proceedings. This judgment shall be construed as a certificate of reasonable cause pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2465.
6. The Court retains jurisdiction over this case and the parties hereto to effectuate the terms of this Consent Judgment.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.