The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Claudia Wilken
Pursuant to the parties' written settlement agreement, qui tam plaintiff Randy Carver ("Plaintiff") and defendant Factor Nutrition Labs, LLC ("Defendant") hereby stipulate as follows:
1. This is an action by Plaintiff claiming false patent marking pursuant to 35 U.S.C. § 292 for FOCUSfactor® ("FOCUSfactor").
2. Plaintiff and Defendant have agreed to settle their claims, including without limitation, claims for false patent marking for FOCUSfactor.
3. Plaintiff consents to dismissal with prejudice of all claims for false patent marking for FOCUSfactor. This dismissal, however, shall be without prejudice to the government should it decide itself to pursue any false marking claims against Defendant.
4. Plaintiff and Defendant shall each bear their own attorneys' fees and costs incurred in connection with this action.
5. This Court retains jurisdiction over the parties and the settlement agreement for purposes of resolving any disputes that may arise under it.
September 20, 2011 PERKINS COIE LLP By: /s/ Grant Kinsel Grant Kinsel, Bar No. 172407 Attorneys for Defendant FACTOR NUTRITION LABS,LLC September 20, 2011 NEWPORT TRIAL GROUP By: /s/ Scott Ferrell (with permission) Scott Ferrell, Bar No. 202091 Attorneys for Plaintiff Randy Carver
I, Pamela Villeral, declare:
I am a citizen of the United States and employed in Los Angeles County,
California. I am over the age of eighteen years and not a party to the within- entitled action. My business address is 1888 Century Park E., Suite 1700, Los Angeles, California 90067-1721. On September 20, 2011, I served a copy of the within document(s):
STIPULATION OF DISMISSAL AND PROPOSED ORDER
by electronic service in accordance with the CM/ECF System for filing and transmittal of Notice of Electronic Filing to the below listed CM/ECF registrants: Roger E. Borg firstname.lastname@example.org Scott J. Ferrell email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org by placing the documents listed above in a sealed envelope with postage thereon fully ...