IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
September 23, 2011
SCOTT N. JOHNSON, PLAINTIFF,
AVTAR SINGH ATWAL AND PALVINDER SINGH, DEFENDANTS.
This matter came before the court on September 23, 2011 for hearing of plaintiff's motion for default judgment against defendants Atwal and Singh.*fn1 Plaintiff Scott N. Johnson, Esq. appeared on his own behalf. Defendants Avtar Singh Atwal and Palvinder Singh, both proceeding pro se, appeared in propria persona.
Good cause appearing, IT IS ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's August 22, 2011 motion for default judgment (Doc. No. 20) was withdrawn by the moving party in open court on September 23, 2011;
2. The parties shall meet and confer regarding possible settlement of this case; if settlement is not feasible, defendants shall respond to plaintiff's complaint by filing an answer or appropriate motion on or before October 28, 2011; if a settlement agreement is reached, plaintiff shall notify the court in writing forthwith;
3. A status conference is set for Friday, November 18, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. in Courtroom No. 27;
4. Status reports shall be filed and served by both sides on or before November 11, 2011; if all parties agree, a single joint status report may be filed; and
5. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a courtesy copy of this order on Avtar Singh Atwal and Palvinder Singh at 9791 Lincoln Village Drive, Suite I, Sacramento, CA 95827.