This case, in which plaintiff is proceeding in propria persona, was referred to the undersigned pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 636(b)(1) and Eastern District of California Local Rule 302(c)(21). Plaintiff requests authority pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915 to proceed in forma pauperis, and has submitted the affidavit required thereunder which demonstrates that plaintiff is unable to prepay fees and costs or give security thereof. Accordingly, the request to proceed in forma pauperis will be granted. 28 U.S.C. § 1915(a).
Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915(e)(2), the court is directed to dismiss a case filed pursuant to the in forma pauperis statute if, at any time, it determines that the allegation of poverty is untrue, or if the action is frivolous or malicious, fails to state a claim on which relief may be granted, or seeks monetary relief against an immune defendant. The court cannot make this determination on the present record. Therefore, the court reserves decision on these issues until the record is sufficiently developed.
Additionally, plaintiff has filed a motion to receive service of process of all court documents through e-mail. Dckt. No. 4. Plaintiff contends that she "has been displaced" and therefore "does not have an address in which to receive any service of process." Id. at 2. She also contend that she no longer has possession of the post office box that is currently listed for service of process. Id. In light of plaintiff's representations, her request that she receive service of process of all court documents through e-mail will be granted.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's request to proceed in forma pauperis, Dckt. No. 2, is granted.
2. The Clerk of the Court is directed to issue forthwith all process pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4.
3. Plaintiff's request to receive service of process of all court documents through e-mail, Dckt. No. 4, is granted.
4. The Clerk of Court shall serve this order and all future court filings on plaintiff via email at email@example.com.
5. The Clerk of Court shall make the following documents available for plaintiff to pick up at the court's intake counter: ten USM-285 forms, one summons, a copy of the complaint, this court's scheduling order, and the forms providing notice of the magistrate judge's availability to exercise jurisdiction for all purposes and the court's voluntary dispute resolution program. Plaintiff shall pick up those documents within seven days from the date this order is filed. ////
6. Plaintiff is advised that the U.S. Marshal will require:
a. One completed summons;
b. One completed USM-285 form for each defendant;
c. A copy of the complaint for each defendant, with an extra copy for ...