IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
October 11, 2011
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
REAL PROPERTY LOCATED AT 4100 EASTON DRIVE, BAKERSFIELD, KERN COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, APN:332-256-17 (FORMERLY APN: 332-253-17), INCLUDING ALL APPURTENANCES AND IMPROVEMENTS THERETO, AND REAL PROPERTY LOCATED AT 4700 EASTON DRIVE, BAKERSFIELD, KERN COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, APN: 332-332-13, INCLUDING ALL APPURTENANCES AND
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney HEATHER MARDEL JONES Assistant United States Attorney United States Courthouse 2500 Tulare Street, Suite 4401 Fresno, California 93721 Telephone: (559) 497-4000 Facsimile: (559) 497-4099 Attorneys for the United States
APPLICATION AND ORDER FOR PUBLICATION
The United States of America, Plaintiff herein, applies for an order of publication as follows:
1. Rule G(4) of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions (hereafter "Supplemental Rules") provides that the Plaintiff shall cause public notice of the action to be given in a newspaper of general circulation or on the official internet government forfeiture site;
2. Local Rule 171, Eastern District of California, provides that the Court shall designate by order the appropriate newspaper or other vehicle for publication;
3. The defendants 4100 Easton Drive, Bakersfield, California, Kern County, APN: 332-256-17 (formerly APN: 332-253-17), and 4700 Easton Drive, Bakersfield, California, Kern County, APN: 332-332-13, including all appurtenances and improvements thereto (hereafter collectively "defendant real properties") are located in the city of Bakersfield, in Kern County, California.
4. Plaintiff proposes that publication be made as follows:
a. One publication;
b. Thirty (30) consecutive days;
c. On the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov;
d. The publication is to include the following:
(1) The Court and case number of the action;
(2) The date of the seizure/posting;
(3) The identity and/or description of the property seized/posted;
(4) The name and address of the attorney for the Plaintiff;
(5) A statement that claims of persons entitled to possession or claiming an interest pursuant to Supplemental Rule G(5) must be filed with the Court and served on the attorney for the Plaintiff no later than 60 days after the first day of publication on the official internet government forfeiture site; and
(6) A statement that answers to the Complaint or a motion under Rule 12 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure must be filed and served within 21 days after the filing of the claims and, in the absence thereof, default may be entered and condemnation ordered. Dated: October 6, 2011
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.