UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
October 17, 2011
HARTFORD CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY, PLAINTIFF,
AMERICAN DAIRY AND FOOD CONSULTING LABORATORIES, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Sheila K. Oberto United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER DENYING STIPULATED REQUEST TO MODIFY THE SCHEDULING ORDER (Docket No. 111)
AND RELATED COUNTERCLAIM.
On October 17, 2011, the parties filed a request to modify the scheduling order so that they would have additional time to complete discovery. (Doc. 111.) The parties request the following changes:
Deadline Current Deadline Proposed Deadline
1. Non-Expert Discovery October 20, 2011 December 20, 2011
2. Expert Disclosure October 24, 2011 December 23, 2011
3. Supp. Exp. Discl. November 14, 2011 January 13, 2012
4. Exp. Discovery December 5, 2011 February 5, 2012
5. Non-Disp. Filing Deadline October 24, 2011 December 23, 2011
6. Non-Disp. Motion Hearing November 18, 2011 January 20, 2012
7. Disp. Mot. Filing Deadline November 3, 2011 January 6, 2012
8. Disp. Motion Hearing January 9, 2012 March 12, 2012
9. Settlement Conference December 13, 2011 February 14, 2012
10. Pretrial Conference January 23, 2012 March 26, 2012
11. Trial Date March 6, 2012 May 8, 2012
The proposed deadlines do not leave the Court with sufficient time between the dispositive motion hearing date and the pretrial conference for the Court to consider and make a determination on any pending motions.
The Court is willing to accommodate the parties' request for a modified schedule, but cannot adopt the dates proposed in the stipulation. If the parties wish to re-file their request for an extension of the schedule, they should propose dates that maintain at least six weeks between the hearing date for the dispositive motions and the pretrial conference date as well as at least six weeks between the date of the pretrial conference and the date of the trial. Further, any proposed pretrial conference date should fall on either a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.