The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Edward M. Chen United States District Judge
GEORGE RILEY (CA Bar No. 118304) email@example.com 2 DARIN SNYDER (CA Bar No. 136003) 3 firstname.lastname@example.org O'MELVENY &MYERS LLP 4 Two Embarcadero Center, 28th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111-3823 5 Telephone: (415) 984-8700 Facsimile: (415) 984-8701 6 7 MARK SAMUELS (CA Bar No. 107026) email@example.com 8 BRIAN M. BERLINER (CA Bar No. 156732) firstname.lastname@example.org 9 RYAN YAGURA (CA Bar No. 197619 email@example.com 10 MARCUS S. QUINTANILLA (CA Bar No. 202994) 11 firstname.lastname@example.org VISION L. WINTER (CA Bar No. 234172) 12 email@example.com O'MELVENY &MYERS LLP 13 400 South Hope Street Los Angeles, CA 90071-2899 14 Telephone: (213) 430-6000 15 Facsimile: (213) 430-6407 Attorneys for SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. 17 18
STIPULATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER
TO CONSOLIDATE ACTIONS
Fed. R. Civ. P. 42(a)
Judge: Honorable Edward M. Chen
1. WHEREAS, Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC is an action for patent infringement 3 brought by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. against AUO Optronics Corporation, AUO Optronics 4 Corporation America, Acer Inc., Acer America Corp., BenQ Corp., BenQ America Corp., 5 SANYO Electronic Co., Ltd., and SANYO Manufacturing Corp., and pending before the 6 Honorable Edward M. Chen; and 7
2. WHEREAS, Case No. 3:11-cv-03170-EMC is an action for patent infringement 8 brought by AUO Optronics Corporation and AUO Optronics Corporation America against 9 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Samsung Electronics America, Inc., AT&T Mobility LLC, Best 10 Buy Stores, L.P., BestBuy.com, LLC, Best Buy Stores, L.P., and Interbond Corporation of 11 America d/b/a BrandsMart U.S.A., and likewise pending before Judge Chen; and 12
3. WHEREAS, both of the above-referenced cases involve the parties' respective 13 patents related to LCD and OLED technology, and are therefore likely to present common 14 questions of law and fact; and
4. WHEREAS, the Court issued a Related Case Order regarding the above- referenced cases on August 3, 2011; and 17
5. WHEREAS, the Court expressed its willingness to consolidate the above-18 referenced actions during the initial case-management conference that it held for them on October 19 14, 2011;
NOW, THEREFORE, each of the parties in both of the above-referenced
stipulates and agrees that the interests of efficiency and judicial
economy will be served by the
consolidation of those actions for all purposes under Case No.
3:11-cv-02620-EMC pursuant to 2
Fed. R. Civ. P. 42(a), and hereby requests that the Court order such
Pursuant to the parties' stipulation and good cause appearing
therefore, it is hereby
ordered that Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC and Case No.
3:11-cv-03170-EMC be consolidated 4 under Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC.
The surviving action shall be captioned:
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., Plaintiff, v. AU OPTRONICS CORP., et al., Defendants. ...