UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (SAN FRANCISCO)
October 18, 2011
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.,
AU OPTRONICS CORPORATION, ET AL. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., ET AL.
AU OPTRONICS CORPORATION, ET AL.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Edward M. Chen United States District Judge
GEORGE RILEY (CA Bar No. 118304) email@example.com 2 DARIN SNYDER (CA Bar No. 136003) 3 firstname.lastname@example.org O'MELVENY &MYERS LLP 4 Two Embarcadero Center, 28th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111-3823 5 Telephone: (415) 984-8700 Facsimile: (415) 984-8701 6 7 MARK SAMUELS (CA Bar No. 107026) email@example.com 8 BRIAN M. BERLINER (CA Bar No. 156732) firstname.lastname@example.org 9 RYAN YAGURA (CA Bar No. 197619 email@example.com 10 MARCUS S. QUINTANILLA (CA Bar No. 202994) 11 firstname.lastname@example.org VISION L. WINTER (CA Bar No. 234172) 12 email@example.com O'MELVENY &MYERS LLP 13 400 South Hope Street Los Angeles, CA 90071-2899 14 Telephone: (213) 430-6000 15 Facsimile: (213) 430-6407 Attorneys for SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. 17 18
STIPULATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER
TO CONSOLIDATE ACTIONS
Fed. R. Civ. P. 42(a)
Judge: Honorable Edward M. Chen
1. WHEREAS, Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC is an action for patent infringement 3 brought by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. against AUO Optronics Corporation, AUO Optronics 4 Corporation America, Acer Inc., Acer America Corp., BenQ Corp., BenQ America Corp., 5 SANYO Electronic Co., Ltd., and SANYO Manufacturing Corp., and pending before the 6 Honorable Edward M. Chen; and 7
2. WHEREAS, Case No. 3:11-cv-03170-EMC is an action for patent infringement 8 brought by AUO Optronics Corporation and AUO Optronics Corporation America against 9 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Samsung Electronics America, Inc., AT&T Mobility LLC, Best 10 Buy Stores, L.P., BestBuy.com, LLC, Best Buy Stores, L.P., and Interbond Corporation of 11 America d/b/a BrandsMart U.S.A., and likewise pending before Judge Chen; and 12
3. WHEREAS, both of the above-referenced cases involve the parties' respective 13 patents related to LCD and OLED technology, and are therefore likely to present common 14 questions of law and fact; and
4. WHEREAS, the Court issued a Related Case Order regarding the above- referenced cases on August 3, 2011; and 17
5. WHEREAS, the Court expressed its willingness to consolidate the above-18 referenced actions during the initial case-management conference that it held for them on October 19 14, 2011;
NOW, THEREFORE, each of the parties in both of the above-referenced
stipulates and agrees that the interests of efficiency and judicial
economy will be served by the
consolidation of those actions for all purposes under Case No.
3:11-cv-02620-EMC pursuant to 2
Fed. R. Civ. P. 42(a), and hereby requests that the Court order such
Pursuant to the parties' stipulation and good cause appearing
therefore, it is hereby
ordered that Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC and Case No.
3:11-cv-03170-EMC be consolidated 4 under Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC.
The surviving action shall be captioned:
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., Plaintiff, v. AU OPTRONICS CORP., et al., Defendants. AND RELATED COUNTERCLAIMS.
Case No. 3:11-cv-02620-EMC
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Dated: October ___, 2011
Judge Edward M Chen
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.