The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Michael M. Anello United States District Judge
(1) CONDITIONALLY CERTIFYING SETTLEMENT
(2) PRELIMINARILY APPROVING PROPOSED SETTLEMENT;
(3) APPOINTING CLASS REPRESENTATIVES, CLASS COUNSEL, AND SETTLEMENT ADMINISTRATOR;
NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT, NOTICE OF INDIVIDUAL WEEKS WORKED, AND REQUEST FOR EXCLUSION; AND,
(5) SETTING HEARING FOR FINAL APPROVAL OF SETTLEMENT [DOC. NO. 23]
Plaintiffs Medalia Rodriguez and Juan Alcala ("Plaintiffs"), on behalf of themselves and others similarly situated, and Defendants Western Mesquite Mines, Inc., New Gold, Inc. and Does 1-150 (collectively, "Defendants") have filed a joint motion for conditional certification of a settlement class in this action, preliminary approval of the parties' proposed settlement, approval of the Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement, the Notice of Individual Weeks Worked, and the Request for Exclusion, and the setting of a date for the hearing on final approval of the settlement.
The Court having read and considered the papers on the motion, good cause appearing therefore,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Court GRANTS preliminary approval of the settlement based upon the terms set forth in the parties Stipulation of Settlement and Release ("Settlement Agreement") filed herewith. The settlement appears to be fair, adequate, and reasonable to the class;
2. The settlement falls within the range of reasonableness, appears to be the product of arm's-length and informed negotiations, appears to be presumptively valid, subject only to any objections that may be raised at the final hearing, and appears intended to treat all Class Members fairly;
3. The Court approves, as to form and content, the Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement, attached as Exhibit 1 to the Settlement Stipulation, the Notice of Individual Weeks Worked, attached as Exhibit 2 to the Settlement Stipulation, and the Request for ...