UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
December 1, 2011
KATIE A., ET AL.
DIANA BONTA, ET AL.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable A. Howard Matz, U.S. District Judge
CIVIL MINUTES - GENERAL
Present: The Honorable A. HOWARD MATZ, U.S. DISTRICT JUDGE
Stephen Montes Cindy Nirenberg
Deputy Clerk Court Reporter / Recorder Tape No.
Proceedings: (1) FAIRNESS HEARING ON MOTION FOR FINAL APPROVAL OF THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT  (2) PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR SETTLEMENT APPROVAL OF CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT  (3) PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR ATTORNEY FEES  (4) PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR SETTLEMENT APPROVAL  (non-evidentiary)
Cause called; appearances made. Also present in the courtroom are Richard Saletta, Special Master and Brandon Nichols, County Counsel. Appearing telephonically are the following representatives:
1. Douglas Press, California Department of Health Care Services, Sacramento, CA
2. John Krause, California Department of Health Care Services, Sacramento, CA
3. Francine Bremer, California Department of Social Services, Sacramento, CA
4. Cheryl Treadwell, California Department of Social Services, Sacramento, CA
5. Dina Kokkos-Gonzalez, Department of Health Care Services
6. Gary Renslo - Department of Mental Health/Department of Health Care Services
7. John Lessley - Department of Mental Health/Department of Health Care Services
8. Barbara Zweig - Department of Mental Health - Legal
For reasons and findings stated on the record, the Court grants the proposed settlement agreement , the settlement of the class action , and the motion for attorneys fees . Order and judgment to issue. The parties are to submit a proposed stipulated judgment by tomorrow, December 2, 2011.
Court grants Mr. Saletta's request to continue the January 19, 2012 status conference to February 17, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. The corresponding status report must be filed by February 10, 2012.
Initials of Preparer SMO
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.