The opinion of the court was delivered by: Craig M. Kellison United States Magistrate Judge
Plaintiffs, who are proceeding pro se, bring this civil action for, among other things, determination of ownership interests in the "Stringer Mine." The matter was set for an initial status/scheduling conference on December 1, 2011, before the undersigned in Redding, California. Plaintiffs each appeared pro se. No appearances were made on behalf of either named defendant.*fn1
The court notes that the parties failed to file the required status/scheduling conference statement, as directed in the order issued on July 8, 2011. Based on discussion with plaintiffs at the hearing, plaintiffs' failure appears to arise from a good faith oversight on their part. Defendant Logan, however, was not present at the hearing and has not explained his failure. Defendant Logan will be directed to show cause why sanctions should not be imposed. See Local Rule 110. The status/scheduling conference will be continued to provide the parties time to submit status/scheduling conference statements and to allow defendant Logan to show cause.
Finally, plaintiffs have requested access to the court's electronic filing system (Doc. 10). At this time, the court does not find good cause to grant an exception from Eastern District of California Local Rule 133(b)(2) which prohibits pro se litigants from utilizing the court's electronic filing system. Plaintiffs shall file documents with the court in the manner outlined in Local Rule 133(d).
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The initial status/scheduling conference in this matter is continued to January 25, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. in Redding, California;
2. The parties shall file status/scheduling conference statements consistent with the court's July 8, 2011, order no later than seven days prior to the continued hearing;
3. Defendant Logan shall show cause, in writing, within 30 days from the date of this order why sanctions should not be imposed for his failure to file a status/scheduling conference statement or appear at the December 1, 2011, hearing;
4. Plaintiffs' request for access to the court's electronic filing system (Doc. 10) is denied without prejudice; and
5. The Clerk of the Court shall update the docket to reflect that defendant Logan has appeared in the action by way of his answer filed on August 2, 2011, and that his address is 2156 Dennis Ray Ave NE, Keizer, ...