UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO DIVISION
December 27, 2011
IN RE TFT-LCD (FLAT PANEL)
The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable Susan Illston United States District Judge
[PROPOSED] ORDER GRANTING FINAL This Document Relates To: APPROVAL OF SETTLEMENT AND
ENTERING FINAL JUDGMENT OF ALL DIRECT PURCHASER CLASS DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE AS TO ACTIONS DEFENDANTS LG DISPLAY CO., LTD. AND LG DISPLAY AMERICA, LTD._____ Date: December 19, 2011 Time: 4:00 p.m. Courtroom: 10, 19th Floor The Honorable Susan Illston
America, Ltd. (collectively "LG") set forth in the Settlement Agreement ("Agreement"), dated 4 This matter has come before the Court to determine whether there is any cause why this Court should not approve the settlement with defendants LG Displays Co., Ltd. and LG Display 3 June 13, 2011, relating to the above-captioned litigation. The Court, after carefully considering 5 all papers filed and proceedings held herein and otherwise being fully informed in the premises, 6 has determined (1) that the settlement should be approved, and (2) that there is no just reason for 7 delay of the entry of this final judgment approving the Agreement. Accordingly, the Court directs 8 entry of Judgment which shall constitute a final adjudication of this case on the merits as to the 9 parties to the Agreement. Good cause appearing therefore, it is: 12 within this litigation and over the parties to the Agreement, including all members of the Class 13 and LG. 14 15 though fully set forth in this Judgment. 16 Class pursuant to Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. appointed by the Court (Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein, LLP and Pearson, Simon, 21 Warshaw & Penny, LLP), are appointed as Counsel for the Class. These firms have, and will, 22 fairly and competently represent the interests of the Class. 23
ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED THAT:
1. The Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter of this litigation, and all actions
2. The definitions of terms set forth in the Agreement are incorporated hereby as
3. The Court hereby finally approves and confirms the settlement set forth in the
Agreement and finds that said settlement is, in all respects, fair, reasonable, and adequate to the 18
4. Pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23(g), Class Counsel, previously
5. The persons/entities identified in [Amended] Direct Purchaser Class Plaintiffs'
Notice of Class Member Exclusions [Dkt. No. 2384] have timely and validly requested exclusion 25 from the Class and, therefore, are excluded. Such persons/entities are not included in or bound by 26 this Final Judgment. Such persons/entities are not entitled to any recovery from the settlement 27 proceeds obtained through this settlement.
2 class claims asserted against LG, with Plaintiffs and LG to bear
their own costs and attorneys' 3 fees except as provided herein.
commencing, prosecuting, or continuing, either directly or
indirectly, against the LG Releasees, in 6 this or any other
jurisdiction, any and all claims, causes of action or lawsuits, which
they had, 7 have, or in the future may have, arising out of or related
to any of the Released Claims as defined 8 in the Agreement.
6. The Court hereby dismisses on the merits and with prejudice the individual and 7. All persons and entities who are Releasors are hereby barred and enjoined from 8. The LG Releasees are hereby and forever released and discharged with respect to 10 any and all claims or causes of action which the Releasors had or have arising out of or related to 11 any of the Released Claims as defined in the Agreement. 12
13 other matters set forth herein was the best notice practicable under the circumstances, including 14 individual notice to all members of the Class who could be identified through reasonable efforts. 15 Said notice provided due and adequate notice of those proceedings and of the matters set forth 16 therein, including the proposed settlement set forth in the Agreement, to all persons entitled to 17 such notice, and said notice fully satisfied the requirements of Rules 23(c)(2) and 23(e) of the 18 10. Only two class members have objected to the settlement. Those objections have 20 been overruled in a separate order. 21
22 retains continuing and exclusive jurisdiction over: (a) implementation of this settlement and any 23 distribution to class members pursuant to further orders of this Court; (b) disposition of the 24 Settlement Fund (c) hearing and determining applications by the Class Representatives for 25 representative plaintiff incentive awards, attorneys' fees, costs, expenses, including expert fees 26 and costs, and interest; (d) LG until the final judgment contemplated hereby has become effective 27 and each and every act agreed to be performed by the parties all have been performed pursuant to 28 the Agreement; (e) hearing and ruling on any matters relating to the plan of allocation of
9. The notice given to the Class of the settlement set forth in the Agreement and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the requirements of due process. 19 11. Without affecting the finality of this Judgment in any way, this Court hereby settlement proceeds; and (f) all parties and Releasors for the purpose of enforcing and 2 administering the Agreement and Exhibits thereto and the mutual releases and other documents 3 contemplated by, or executed in connection with, the Agreement. 4
12. In the event that the settlement does not become effective in accordance with the 5 terms of the Agreement, then the judgment shall be rendered null and void and shall be vacated, 6 and in such event, all orders entered and releases delivered in connection herewith shall be null 7 and void and the parities shall be returned to their respective positions ex ante.
13. The Court finds, pursuant to Rules 54(a) and (b) of the Federal Rules of Civil
Procedure, that this Final Judgment should be entered and further finds that there is no just reason 10 for delay in the entry of this Judgment, as a Final Judgment, as to the parties to the Agreement.
Accordingly, the Clerk is hereby directed to enter Judgment forthwith.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw Inc.