Not what you're
looking for? Try an advanced search.
Buy This Entire Record For
Donte Rolando Harris v. United States
December 28, 2011
DONTE ROLANDO HARRIS,
UNITED STATES, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Barbara A. McAuliffe United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER GRANTING APPLICATION PROCEED IN FORMA PAUPERIS and ORDER DIRECTING PAYMENT OF INMATE FILING FEE BY TERRE HAUTE FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Donte Rolando Harris ("Plaintiff") is a federal prisoner proceeding pro se in this civil action pursuant to Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents of Federal Bureau of Narcotics, 403 U.S. 388, 91 S.Ct. 1999 (1971), which provides a remedy for violation of civil rights by federal actors. Plaintiff has made the showing required by § 1915(a) and accordingly, the request to proceed in forma pauperis will be granted. Plaintiff is obligated to pay the statutory filing fee of $350.00 for this action. 28 U.S.C. 1915(b)(1). Plaintiff is obligated to make monthly payments in the amount of twenty percent of the preceding month's income credited to plaintiff's trust account. Terre Haute Federal Correctional Institution is required to send to the Clerk of the Court payments from plaintiff's account each time the amount in the account exceeds $10.00, until the statutory filing fee is paid in full. 28 U.S.C. § 1915(b)(2).
In accordance with the above, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's application to proceed in forma pauperis is GRANTED;
2. The Warden of Terre Haute Federal Correctional Institution or his/her designee shall collect payments from plaintiff's prison trust account in an amount equal to twenty per cent (20%) of the preceding month's income credited to the prisoner's trust account and shall forward those payments to the Clerk of the Court each time the amount in the account exceeds $10.00, in accordance with 28 U.S.C. § 1915(b)(2), until a total of $350.00 has been collected and forwarded to the Clerk of the Court. The payments shall be clearly identified by the name and number assigned to this action.
3. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order and a copy of plaintiff's in forma pauperis affidavit on the Warden of Terre Haute Federal Correctional Institution, via the court's electronic case filing system (CM/ECF).
4. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order on the Financial Department, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, Fresno Division.
5. Within sixty (60) days of the date of service of this order, plaintiff shall submit a certified copy of his/her prison trust account statement for the six!month period immediately preceding the filing of the complaint, if plaintiff has not already done so.
© 1992-2011 VersusLaw ...
Buy This Entire Record For