IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 5, 2012
IVAN KILGORE, PLAINTIFF,
RICHARD MANDEVILLE, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Kendall J. Newman United States Magistrate Judge
Counsel for all parties have identified the scope of anticipated further discovery in this action. Defendants have not opposed the additional discovery sought by plaintiff. For good cause shown, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Plaintiff's motion for further discovery (Dkt. No. 106) is granted.
2. Defendants' counsel shall inquire of each defendant whether he or she has produced copies of all medical records, notes, memos and other correspondence within each defendant's custody or control, that is relevant to plaintiff's medical care for his sinuses, during the period December 1, 2005, through the present date.*fn1 Pertinent information includes the names and contact information of any other medical provider or medical support staff with whom each defendant communicated concerning plaintiff's relevant medical care, and the dates and purpose of each such communication.
3. Defendants' counsel shall produce to plaintiff's counsel, within thirty-five days (five weeks) after the filing date of this order, all documents identified in Item No. 1, together with a declaration from each defendant that he or she has produced all information relevant to this action.
4. Defendants' counsel shall produce to plaintiff's counsel, within fourteen days (two weeks) after the filing date of this order, a transcript of plaintiff's deposition, or the information necessary to obtain such transcript; plaintiff's counsel may seek reimbursement from the court for the cost of the transcript.
5. Defendants' counsel shall file, within forty-two days (six weeks) after the filing date of this order, a declaration demonstrating compliance with Item Nos. 2 through 4.
6. Plaintiff's counsel shall, within fifty-six days (eight weeks) after the filing date of this order, notice all intended depositions of defendants.
7. Each counsel shall, on or before March 30, 2012, file a further status report, that states whether: (1) any further discovery is required in this case; (2) any party intends to file a nondispositive pretrial motion;*fn2 (3) suggested date for discovery cut-off; and (4) suggested deadline for filing dispositive motions.