The opinion of the court was delivered by: John A. Kronstadt United States District Court Judge
ORDER GRANTING STIPULATION TO DISMISS CASE WITH PREJUDICE AND TO DISMISS CROSS-CLAIM WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Based upon the stipulation (the "Stipulation") by and between Plaintiff United States of America (the "United States") and Defendants Raffi and Taly Tal, (collectively, the "Purchasers"),
1. The Stipulation is granted in its entirety;
2. On or before December 30, 2011, the Purchasers will pay to the United States the sum of $70,002.39, in certified funds, which will be promptly remitted to the Internal Revenue Service in satisfaction of the 2007 NFTL attached to the property located in Calabasas, Los Angeles County, California, with APN 2052-044-007 (the "Subject Property");
3. Upon the Secretary of the Treasury finding that the 2007 federal tax deficiency, including all interest and statutory accruals, has been satisfied by the timely payment of $70,002.39, the NFTL (instrument number 20090070819) for the taxpayer, David Bursteen's, 2007 federal tax deficiencies will be released pursuant to 26 U.S.C. §6325(a)(1);
4. Each party will bear their own costs and attorney's fees in connection with this case;
5. Subject to paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 above, the Complaint to foreclose the NFTL attached to the Subject Property is hereby dismissed, with prejudice, as moot; and
6. The Cross-Complaint is hereby dismissed without prejudice.
Respectfully submitted, ANDRE BIROTTE, JR. United States Attorney SANDRA R. BROWN Assistant United States Attorney Chief, Tax Division TAMAR KOUYOUMJIAN Assistant United States Attorney Attorneys for United States of America
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw ...