THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 9, 2012
AREZOU MANSOURIAN, LAUREN MANCUSO, NANCY NIEN-LI CHIANG, AND CHRISTINE WING-SI NG; AND ALL THOSE SIMILARLY SITUATED,
REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable Kimberly J. Mueller
A PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION Nancy J. Sheehan, SBN 109419 David P.E. Burkett, SBN 241896 350 University Avenue, Suite 200 Sacramento, California 95825 (916) 929-1481 (916) 927-3706 (facsimile) Attorneys for Defendants: REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LARRY VANDERHOEF (erroneously sued as LAWRENCE VANDERHOEF), GREG WARZECKA, PAM GILL-FISHER, and ROBERT FRANKS Noreen Farrell, SBN 191600 firstname.lastname@example.org Jamie E. Dolkas, SBN 262289 email@example.com EQUAL RIGHTS ADVOCATES 180 Howard Street, Suite 300 San Francisco, CA 94105 (415) 621-0672 (415) 621-6744 (facsimile) Attorneys for Plaintiffs: AREZOU MANSOURIAN, LAUREN MANCUSO, and CHRISTINE WING-SI NG Additional Plaintiffs' Counsel on Signature Page
STIPULATION AND ORDER REGARDING REQUEST TO MODIFY SCHEDULING ORDER RE PRE- TRIAL FILINGS
Complaint Filed: December 18, 2003
Phase II Trial Date: March 5, 2012
THE PARTIES, BY AND THROUGH THEIR COUNSEL OF RECORD, STIPULATE AS FOLLOWS:
1. On January 3, 2012 the parties and their counsel attended a settlement conference ordered by the Court. The Honorable Kendall J. Newman presided over the settlement conference. The parties did not reach an agreement regarding resolution during the settlement conference. However, Judge Newman continued to work with counsel thereafter.
2. On January 9, 2012 counsel for the parties had further discussions with Judge Newman regarding potential resolution of all remaining issues in this litigation. As a result of those discussions, both Judge Newman and counsel have a good faith belief that an agreement regarding resolution can be reached within the next week.
3. Based on the order issued by the Court on November 3, 2011 (ECF #643) and Eastern District Local Rule 285, the current due dates for pre-trial filings are as follows:
Motions in limine due: January 11, 2012
Oppositions to motions in limine due: January 25, 2012
Replies to oppositions to motions in limine due: February 1, 2012
Joint final pretrial statement due: February 1, 2012
Hearing on motions in limine: February 8, 2012
Final pretrial conference: February 8, 2012
Trial briefs due: February 17, 2012
Responses to trial briefs due: February 27, 2012
4. The parties respectfully request that the due date for filing motions in limine and oppositions to motions in limine be stayed for a period of seven (7) days so that the parties may focus their efforts on reaching resolution of the remaining issues in the litigation.
5. The parties will file a joint status report no later than January 17, 2012 advising the Court of the status of settlement discussions.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.