IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 26, 2012
GERALD L. MILLER, PLAINTIFF,
JANE WOODFORD, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The January 19, 2012 minutes for the settlement conference held the same day indicate that the above-captioned case has settled as to defendant Adams. See Dckt. No. 217. Accordingly, the court hereby orders that:
1. Plaintiff and defendant Adams shall file dispositional documents not later than ninety days from the date of this order. Failure to comply with this order may be grounds for the imposition of sanctions on any and all counsel or parties who contributed to the violation of this order.
2. Defendant Adams' pending motion to dismiss (Dckt. No. 193) is denied as moot.
3. This case is set for a second settlement conference before Magistrate Judge Craig M. Kellison on June 7, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. at Kern Valley State Prison.
4. Defendants' lead counsel and a person with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement on defendants' behalf shall attend the June 7, 2012 settlement conference in person.*fn1
5. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.
6. This action is stayed pending the outcome of the June 7, 2012 settlement conference.
7. The Clerk of the Court shall serve this order on the Litigation Coordinator at Kern Valley State Prison.