UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
February 27, 2012
F.G. CROSTHWAITE, ET AL., AS TRUSTEES OF THE OPERATING ENGINEERS' HEALTH
AND WELFARE TRUST FUND, ET AL.,
HOLT OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION, AKA HOLT OF CALIFORNIA,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge: The Honorable Saundra B. Armstrong
Muriel B. Kaplan, Esq. (SBN 124607) Michele R. Stafford, Esq. (SBN 172509) 2 SALTZMAN & JOHNSON LAW CORPORATION 44 Montgomery Street, Suite 2110 3 San Francisco, CA 94104 Telephone: (415) 882-7900 4 Facsimile: (415) 882-9287 email@example.com 5 firstname.lastname@example.org 6 Attorneys for Plaintiffs 7 8 9
Crtm: Via Telephone
Date: March 7, 2012 INC., Time: 2:30 p.m. 16
JOINT REQUEST TO CONTINUE CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE; JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT STATEMENT; ORDER THEREON
The parties herein respectfully submit their joint Case Management Statement and joint 20 request to continue the Case Management Conference, currently on calendar for March 7, 2012, 21 for approximately 60 days. 22
1. As the Court's records will reflect, this action was filed on April 8, 2011 to compel Defendant's provision of certain documents for examination by Plaintiffs' auditor, which were 24 necessary to complete an audit of Defendant's records pursuant to the terms of Defendant's 25 Collective Bargaining Agreement and the governing documents of the Plaintiffs. 26
2. Service on Defendant was effectuated on April 12, 2011. A Proof of Service of Summons was filed with the Court on April 19, 2011.
3. On May 4, 2011, Defendant filed an Answer to the Complaint, and a Motion to Compel Arbitration, Request for Dismissal and/or Sever and Stay of Union Proceedings. 3
4. On August 31, 2011, the parties filed a Stipulation to Amend Complaint dismissing 4 the Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3 of the International Union of Operating Engineers, 5 AFL-CIO, Withdraw Motion to Compel Arbitration, and Request for Early Neutral Evaluation. 6
5. On September 26, 2011, the Court issued an Order dismissing the Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3 of the International Union of Operating Engineers, AFL-CIO from 8 the case, and referred the matter to Early Neutral Evaluation. 9
6. On November 16, 2011, an Early Neutral Evaluation session was held with Evaluator Stephen A. McKae, wherein the parties reached an agreement for Defendant to provide 11 Plaintiffs' auditor with specific documents necessary to complete the audit. 12 13 documents which are currently being reviewed and analyzed by the auditor. 14
7. Defendant has provided Plaintiff Trust Funds' auditor with the requested 8. Accordingly, the parties hereto respectfully request that the Case Management Conference, currently scheduled for March 7, 2012, be continued for approximately 60 days to 16 allow for the audit report to be issued, reviewed by Defendant, and for any necessary discussion 17 between the parties to ensue in the aim of resolving any outstanding issues without the further 18 intervention of the Court. If the matter is resolved, Plaintiffs will dismiss this action; if not, 19 Plaintiffs will take further appropriate action, to be determined upon any dispute that is not 20 otherwise resolved. 21
9. There are no issues that need to be addressed by the parties at the currently 2 scheduled Case Management Conference. In the interest of conserving costs as well as the Court's 3 time and resources, the parties jointly request that the Court continue the currently scheduled Case 4 Management Conference for approximately 60 days. 5
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Based on the foregoing, and GOOD CAUSE APPEARING, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED
THAT the Case Management Conference currently scheduled for March 7, 2012 isCONTINUED 19 to May 9, 2012 at 2:45 p.m. Prior to the date scheduled for the conference, the parties shall meet 20 and confer and prepare a joint Case Management Conference Statement. Plaintiff is responsible 21 for filing joint statement no less than seven (7) days prior to the conference date. The joint 22 statement shall comply with the Standing Order for All Judges of the Northern District of 23
California and the Standing Orders of this Court. Plaintiff is responsible for setting up the 24 conference call, and on the specified date and time, shall call (510) 637-3559 with all parties on 25 the line. 26
IT IS SO ORDERED.
SAUNDRA BROWN ARMSTRONG United States District Judge
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.