UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
March 2, 2012
JAMES FREDRICK MENEFIELD,
JAMES A. YATES, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Michael J. Seng United States Magistrate Judge
Plaintiff James Fredrick Menefield ("Plaintiff") is a prisoner who is proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis. Plaintiff seeks relief pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. This case will be referred to Magistrate Judge Nandor J. Vadas to conduct a settlement conference at California State Prison-Solano (CSP-SOL), on May 9, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
A separate order and writ of habeas corpus ad testificandum will issue concurrently with this order.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This case is set for a settlement conference on May 9, 2012, at 9:00 a.m. at CSP-SOL, 2100 Peabody Road, Vacaville, California 95696.
2. Defendants' lead counsel and a person with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement on defendants' behalf shall attend in person.*fn1
3. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.
4. The parties are directed to provide confidential settlement conference statements to the Honorable Nandor J. Vadas, U.S. District Court-Northern District of California, 514 H Street, Eureka, CA 95502 or via email at NJVpo@cand.uscourts.gov, so that they arrive no later than April 25, 2012.
5. The Clerk of the Court is directed to serve a copy of this order on the Litigation Office at CSP-SOL at (707) 454-3429.
IT IS SO ORDERED.