IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
March 5, 2012
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
APPROXIMATELY $35,900.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY, APPROXIMATELY $5,500.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY, APPROXIMATELY $3,125.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY, AND APPROXIMATELY $5,772.08 IN US. CURRENCY SEIZED FROM UNION BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER 1540018207,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Sheila K. Oberto United States Magistrate Judge
APPLICATION AND ORDER FOR PUBLICATION
The United States of America, Plaintiff herein, applies for an order of publication as follows:
1. Rule G(4) of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions (hereafter "Supplemental Rules") provides that the Plaintiff shall cause public notice of the action to be given in a newspaper of general circulation or on the official internet government forfeiture site;
2. Local Rule 171, Eastern District of California, provides that the Court shall designate by order the appropriate newspaper or other vehicle for publication;
3. The defendant approximately $35,900.00 in U.S. currency was seized on October 4, 2011, at 3100 Fowler Avenue in Clovis, California 93611; the defendant approximately $5,500.00 in U.S. currency was seized on October 4, 2011, at 2675 Shirley Avenue in Clovis, California 93611; and the defendant approximately $3,125.000 in U.S. currency was seized on October 4, 2011, at16906 N. Friant Road in Friant, California 93626 (hereafter collectively "defendant currency"). The defendant approximately $5,772.08 in U.S. currency seized from Union Bank account number 1540018207 (hereafter "defendant funds") were seized on October 6, 2011, from the Union Bank branch located in Clovis, California. The defendant currency and defendant funds are in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service, Eastern District of California.
4. Plaintiff proposes that publication be made as follows:
a. One publication;
b. Thirty (30) consecutive days;
c. On the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov;
d. The publication is to include the following:
(1) The Court and case number of the action;
(2) The date of the seizure/posting;
(3) The identity and/or description of the property seized/posted;
(4) The name and address of the attorney for the Plaintiff;
(5) A statement that claims of persons entitled to possession or claiming an interest pursuant to Supplemental Rule G(5) must be filed with the Court and served on the attorney for the Plaintiff no later than 60 days after the first day of publication on the official internet government forfeiture site; and
(6) A statement that answers to the Complaint or a motion under Rule 12 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure must be filed and served within 21 days after the filing of the claims and, in the absence thereof, default may be entered and condemnation ordered.
Dated: March 5 ,2012 BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney /s/ Heather Mardel Jones HEATHER MARDEL JONES Assistant United States Attorney
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.