IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
March 20, 2012
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
APPROXIMATELY $7,562.00 IN U.S. CURRENCY;
1972 OLDSMOBILE 442, NO LICENSE PLATE, VIN: 3J67K2M211271;
1965 FORD MUSTANG, NO LICENSE PLATE, VIN: 5R07A128707;
2008 CHEVROLET MALIBU, LICENSE:6LFA733, VIN: 1G1ZG57B88F193345;
2006 LEXUS GS300, LICENSE: 5MJJ752, VIN: JTHBH96S765000098;
1969 CHEVROLET TRUCK, NO LICENSE PLATE, VIN: CE149Z825738;
1962 CHEVROLET IMPALA, NO LICENSE PLATE, VIN: 2186F302848;
1976 HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLE, LICENSE: 15U3097, VIN: 9D18597H6;
1965 FORD MUSTANG, LICENSE: CZW446, VIN: 5R07C177883;
2007 PONTIAC G6, LICENSE: 6HQG262, VIN: 1G2ZH58N974231581;
2008 PONTIAC G6, LICENSE: 6LTN600, ) VIN: 1G2ZM577184198639; AND,
2007 CHEVROLET TRUCK, LICENSE: 8K96671, VIN: 3GCEC13C07G549423,
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Sheila K. Oberto United States Magistrate Judge
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney HEATHER MARDEL JONES Assistant U.S. Attorney United States Courthouse 2500 Tulare Street, Suite 4401 Fresno, California 93721 Telephone: (559) 497-4000 Facsimile: (559) 497-4099 Attorneys for the United States
ORDER VACATING THE HEARING ON THE MOTION FOR INTERLOCUTORY SALE ORDER REQUIRING CLAIMANTS' COUNSEL TO FILE A STATUS UPDATE ON THE CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST CLAIMANT EDWAN DABLAN
STIPULATION REGARDING INTERLOCUTORY SALE AND ORDER THEREON
IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED by and between Plaintiff, United States of America and Claimants Edwan Khalid Dablan, Nasry Khalid Dablan, Nabila Dablan, Hana Sadeddeen Dablan, (hereafter collectively "Claimants") and their counsel of record, as follows:
1. This Court ordered that an appraiser be hired and provide an appraisal report for the above-captioned defendant vehicles.
2. Upon obtaining the results of the appraisal, the United States and counsel for Claimants met and conferred regarding stipulation for the sale of all of the defendant vehicles.
3. The Stipulation is as follows:
a. The following vehicles will be sold with the following minimum sale prices:
1962 Impala Convertible $21,000.00
1965 Mustang (white) $6,000.00
1965 Mustang (black) $6,200.00
1969 Chevy Pick up $13,000.00
1972 Olds 442 Convertible $31,000.00
b. The remaining vehicles will be sold with no minimum sale price.
c. Upon conclusion of the last vehicle sold, the United States shall
inform Claimants' counsel of the sale price, and the sale proceeds, less storage/
maintenance/transportation costs, shall be held an in interest-bearing account, as
customarily held in an asset forfeiture case.
Dated: March 19, 2012
(Original signature retained by attorney)
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The above Stipulation is approved;
2. The Motion for Interlocutory Sale (Doc. 32) is thus MOOT;
3. The hearing on the Motion for Interlocutory Sale (Doc. 32), scheduled for March 21, 2012, is VACATED; and
4. Counsel for Claimants shall file a status update regarding the status of the criminal proceedings against Claimant Edwan Dablan by
March 23, 2012.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.