The opinion of the court was delivered by: Sheila K. Oberto United States Magistrate Judge
BENJAMIN B. WAGNER United States Attorney HEATHER MARDEL JONES Assistant United States Attorney United States Courthouse 2500 Tulare Street, Suite 4401 Fresno, California 93721 Telephone: (559) 497-4000 Facsimile: (559) 497-4099 Attorneys for United States
APPLICATION AND ORDER FOR PUBLICATION
The United States of America, Plaintiff herein, applies for an order of publication as follows:
1. Rule G(4) of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions (hereafter "Supplemental Rules") provides that the Plaintiff shall cause public notice of the action to be given in a newspaper of general circulation or on the official internet government forfeiture site;
2. Local Rule 171, Eastern District of California, provides that the Court shall designate by order the appropriate newspaper or other vehicle for publication;
3. The defendant approximately $10,703.71 in U.S. currency was seized on October 4, 2011, from the Bank of Sierra branch located in Fresno, California at 5775 East Kings Canyon Road; the defendant approximately $118.91 in U.S. currency was seized on October 4, 2011, from the Union Bank branch located in Fresno, California at 5669 E. Kings Canyon Road (hereafter collectively " defendant funds"). The defendant funds are in the custody of the U.S. Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Eastern District of California.
4. Plaintiff proposes that publication be made as follows:
b. Thirty (30) consecutive days;
c. On the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov;
d. The publication is to include the following:
(1) The Court and case number of the action;
(2) The date of the seizure/posting;
(3) The identity and/or description of the property ...