IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
April 13, 2012
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, EX REL.
CAPRIOLA, ET AL.,
BRIGHTSTAR EDUCATION GROUP, INC., ET AL.
THE UNITED STATES' NOTICE
OF ELECTION TO DECLINE
INTERVENTION AND TO LIFT
THE SEAL FILED UNDER SEAL
The United States having declined to intervene in this action pursuant to the False Claims Act, 31 U.S.C. §3730(b)(4)(B), the Court rules as follows:
1. All pleadings filed in this action subsequent to today's date be served upon the United States;
2. All Orders issued by the Court subsequent to today's date be served upon the United States;
3. All Notices of Appeal be served upon the United States;
4. The Complaint, this Notice of Election to Decline Intervention, the [Proposed] Order, and all pleadings filed subsequent to this date be unsealed.
5. The United States be allowed to order any deposition transcripts and to intervene in this action, for good cause, at a later date.
6. The United States be given notice and an opportunity to be heard should the relators or the defendants propose that this action be dismissed, settled, or otherwise discontinued, before the Court issues a ruling or granting its approval.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
CHIEF UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.