The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Otis D. Wright II
MANATT, PHELPS & PHILLIPS, LLP ROBERT H. PLATT (Bar No. 108533) E-mail: email@example.com BRUCE B. KELSON (Bar No. 202441) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ADRIANNE E. MARSHACK (Bar No. 253682) E-mail: email@example.com 11355 West Olympic Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90064-1614 Telephone: (310) 312-4000 Facsimile: (310) 312-4224 Attorneys for Defendants GENERAL NUTRITION CENTERS, INC., CELLUCOR SPORTS NUTRITION, WOODBOLT DISTRIBUTION, LTD., WOODBOLT MANAGEMENT, LLC and WOODBOLT INTERNATIONAL GLANCY BINKOW & GOLDBERG LLP MARC L. GODINO (Bar No. 182689) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 1925 Century Park East, Suite 2100 Los Angeles, CA 90067 Telephone: (310) 201-9150 Facsimile: (310) 201-9160 Attorneys for Plaintiff LYNETTE BATES
STIPULATED PROTECTIVE ORDER
The parties to this action, through their counsel of record, have stipulated and agreed that an order under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 26(c) is necessary and useful to protect the confidentiality of documents and other information obtained in the course of discovery in this action, and have stipulated and agreed to be bound by the terms of this Protective Order ("Protective Order").
The materials to be exchanged in the course of this litigation may contain confidential information including but not limited to trade secret or other confidential research, marketing, financial or other commercial information. The purpose of this Protective Order is to protect the confidentiality of such materials during the litigation.
1. The term "Confidential Information" shall mean and include any information disclosed in this litigation, regardless of the medium or manner in which it is generated, stored, maintained, or produced (including, among other things, testimony, transcripts, documents and other tangible things), which is deemed by a party to this case to constitute trade secret, proprietary, or sensitive information, including but not limited to financial data, research and development information; customer and supplier information; company personnel information; marketing strategies and information; strategic business information (including but not limited to business plans, forecasts, cost information, or logistical information); and any other information that affords the producing party in this litigation an actual or potential economic advantage over others.
2. The term "Outside Counsel" shall mean outside counsel of record, and other attorneys, paralegals, secretaries, and other support staff employed in the following law firms: Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP; Collins, McDonald & Gann, PC; Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP; and Abbey Spanier Rodd & Abrams, LLP.
3. Each party to this litigation may designate information as "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CONFIDENTIAL - FOR COUNSEL ONLY" if, in the good faith belief of such party and its counsel, the materials fall within the Confidential Information definition herein and the disclosure of such information (including, in the case of "CONFIDENTIAL - FOR COUNSEL ONLY," disclosure to anyone other than Outside Counsel) could be prejudicial to the business or operations of such party, or would violate court orders and/or confidentiality restrictions involving parties not involved in this litigation.
4. To designate as "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CONFIDENTIAL - FOR COUNSEL ONLY," the producing party must mark each page of the document with the appropriate designation before producing it. However, for documents produced by another party or a non-party, or court transcripts, or any documents produced prior to entry of this Protective Order, a party can assert confidentiality through correspondence to all other parties that specifically identifies each document that will receive a confidentiality designation.
5. Deposition testimony and/or deposition exhibits shall be designated on the record during the deposition whenever possible. A party may also designate such testimony and exhibits after transcription of the proceedings; a party shall have until twenty (20) days after receipt of the deposition transcript to inform the other party or parties of the portions of the transcript so designated.
6. The disclosing party shall have the right to exclude from attendance at said deposition, during such time as the Confidential Information is to be disclosed, any person other than the deponent, Outside Counsel (including their staff and associates), the court reporter, the videographer, and the person(s) agreed upon pursuant to paragraph 10 below.
7. Designation of Confidential Information as "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CONFIDENTIAL - FOR COUNSEL ONLY" shall extend to all copies, excerpts, data, summaries, and compilations derived from such Confidential Information, as well as any testimony, conversations, or presentations by the parties hereto or their counsel that discloses such Confidential Information.
8. If a party, through inadvertence, produces any Confidential Information without designating it in accordance with this Protective Order, the designating party may give written notice to the receiving party[ies] that the information produced is deemed "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CONFIDENTIAL - FOR COUNSEL ONLY" and should be treated in accordance with that designation under this Protective Order. Upon receipt of such notice, the receiving party must treat the Confidential Information as designated hereunder. If the receiving party has already in good faith disclosed the information before receiving such notice, the receiving party shall have no liability for such good faith disclosure, but shall notify the designating party in writing of each such disclosure. Counsel for the parties shall agree on a mutually acceptable manner of labeling or marking the inadvertently produced materials as "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CONFIDENTIAL -FOR COUNSEL ONLY."
ACCESS AND USE OF PROTECTED MATERIAL
9. All Confidential Information designated as "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CONFIDENTIAL - FOR COUNSEL ONLY" shall not be disclosed by the receiving party to anyone other than those persons designated herein and shall be used solely in connection with this litigation, and not for any ...