The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable George H. Wu United States District Court Judge
DEFAULT JUDGMENT OF FORFEITURE DATE: April 30, 2012 TIME: 8:30 A.M. COURTROOM: 10
On November 28, 2011, plaintiff United States of America filed a Verified Complaint for Forfeiture alleging that the defendants one 2006 Range Rover sport utility vehicle and one 2008 Lexus LS vehicle ("defendant vehicle") were subject to forfeiture.
On February 27, 2012, a Default by Clerk as to the Verified Complaint For Forfeiture was entered against the interests of Jermaine Williams, Porsha Brown, Walmart Stores, Inc. and all other potential claimants.
The Court having been duly advised of and having considered the matter,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED:
1. This Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter of this action and over the parties.
2. The Verified Complaint for Forfeiture states a claim for relief.
3. Notice of this action has been given in the manner required by law. No appearances were made in this action by any claimants. The Court deems that all potential claimants, including Jermaine Williams, Porsha Brown, Walmart Stores, Inc., admit the allegations of the Verified Complaint for Forfeiture to be true.
4. A default judgment shall be and hereby is entered against the interests of all potential claimants, Jermaine Williams, Porsha Brown, Walmart Stores, Inc., in the defendant vehicles.
5. The defendant vehicles shall be and hereby are forfeited to the United States of America, which shall dispose of the defendant vehicles in the manner required by law.
ANDRE BIROTTE JR. United States Attorney ROBERT E. DUGDALE Assistant United States Attorney Chief, Criminal Division STEVEN R. WELK Assistant United States Attorney Chief, Asset Forfeiture Section P. GREG PARHAM Assistant United States Attorney Attorneys for Plaintiff UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw ...