IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
April 30, 2012
EKIN MITCHELL, PLAINTIFF,
SACRAMENTO CITY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, DEFENDANT.
This matter came before the court on April 27, 2012, for hearing of defendant's motion to compel deposition and request for sanctions. Gloria Godinez, Esq. appeared for defendant Sacramento City Unified School District. There was no appearance by plaintiff or plaintiff's counsel.
Upon consideration of the defendant's arguments on file*fn1
and at the hearing, and for the reasons set forth in detail
on the record, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Defendant's motion to compel (Doc. No. 45) is granted;
2. Plaintiff shall appear at the office of defense counsel for her deposition on May 2, 2012, at 9:00 a.m.;
3. Plaintiff's objections to the videotaping of the deposition are overruled;
4. Defendant's request for sanctions (Doc. No. 45) is denied*fn2 ; and
5. Any failure to abide by the court's order with respect to either the May 2, 2012 deposition or its videotaping by plaintiff or plaintiff's counsel will result in the imposition of sanctions against plaintiff and her counsel.