The opinion of the court was delivered by: Percy Anderson United States District Judge
ORDER OF PREJUDICIAL DISMISSAL OF ENTIRE ACTION
NOTE: CHANGES MADE BY THE COURT
Having read the concurrently submitted stipulation by the parties for an order of prejudicial dismissal of the entire action, and good cause appearing therefor, the Honorable Percy Anderson, United States District Judge for the Central District of California, does hereby order as follows:
1. All defendants, including all fictitious defendants, are hereby dismissed with prejudice to any refiling of this action in this or any other federal or state court. This prohibition is irrevocable and applies regardless of the causes of action selected and the allegations made, as long as the allegations substantially relate to the events which are or could have been described in the complaint giving rise to the current litigation.
2. The consideration for this prejudicial dismissal of the named and fictitious defendants is stated in a separate settlement agreement between the parties.
3. The plaintiffs, both collectively and individually, fully and permanently waive any and all past, present, and future: special (also known as economic) damages; general (also known as non-economic) damages; punitive and exemplary damages; equitable and declaratory relief; the fees of attorneys, whether of record or not; discovery rights; and ordinary and expert costs, whether incurred or paid.
4. As a result of the prejudicial dismissal of all aspects of the litigation in this or any other federal or state court, regarding all named and fictitious defendants, the Court orders that all pending and future litigation events and deadlines, including the 16(b) conference, any pretrial conference, and trial, are now vacated as unnecessary.
5. The Court does, however, retain jurisdiction over the subject matter of this litigation in the event that any dispute concerning the meaning or enforcement of the settlement agreement should arise between the parties.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw ...