UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
May 8, 2012
ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE, INC.
PROVO CRAFT & NOVELTY, INC. ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE, INC. V. SORENSON CAPITAL PARTNERS, LP
The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable David O. Carter, Judge
CIVIL MINUTES - GENERAL
Julie Barrera Not Present Courtroom Clerk Court Reporter ATTORNEYS PRESENT FOR PLAINTIFFS: ATTORNEYS PRESENT FOR DEFENDANTS: NONE PRESENT NONE PRESENT
PROCEEDING (IN CHAMBERS): ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE WHY THESE CASES SHOULD
NOT BE COMBINED
Before the Court are two cases filed by Plaintiff Enough for Everyone, Inc. ("Plaintiff"): Enough for Everyone, Inc. v. Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc., CV 11-1161 DOC(MLGx); and (2) Enough for Everyone, Inc. v. Sorenson Capital Partners, LP, CV 12-0694 DOC(MLGx).
These two cases appear to share: (1) the same contract in dispute and other factual allegations; and (2) the same counsel for Plaintiff. Therefore, the Court ORDERS Plaintiff to SHOW why these two cases should not be combined into one. Plaintiff shall file a response to this no more than 5 pages on or before May 11, 2012. Failure to file a response to this Order shall be deemed consent to consolidating these cases.
If any of the Defendants in these two actions wishes to file a response to this Order or a reply to Plaintiff's response, they must do so in a brief of no more than 4 pages on or before May 15, . Failure to file shall be deemed consent to consolidating these cases.
If any of the parties in these cases files a brief opposing consolidation, then all parties shall appear before this Court on May 16, 2012, at 8:30 a.m.
If no party files a brief opposing consolidation by the deadlines imposed herein, then this Court ORDERS that, on May 17, 2012:
* The following two cases are consolidated into one: (1) Enough for Everyone, Inc. v. Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc., CV 11-1161 DOC(MLGx); and (2) Enough for Everyone, Inc. v. Sorenson Capital Partners, LP, CV 12-0694 DOC(MLGx).
* The heading of the consolidated case shall be Enough for Everyone, Inc. v. Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc., CV 11-1161 DOC(MLGx)
* On or before May 21, 2012, Plaintiff shall file an Amended Complaint in the consolidated case that shall include all defendants that Plaintiff intends to keep in the consolidated case
* On or before June 18, 2012, all defendants in the consolidated case shall file an Answer to the Amended Complaint
* Any motions, pleadings, or answers filed prior to consolidation on May 21, 2012, shall be struck and must be refiled to be considered by this Court
The Clerk shall serve this minute order on all parties to the action.
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.