UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
June 1, 2012
CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT; A GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY; BOARD OF
GOVERNORS OF CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT, IN ITS
CAPACITY AS THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS FOR CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT; HELEN BENJAMIN, IN HER CAPACITY AS CHANCELLOR FOR CONTRA COSTA
COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT; WILLIAM BELL, INDIVIDUALLY, AND IN HIS
CAPACITY AS A POLICE OFFICER FOR CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT; AND, DOES 1-25, INCLUSIVE, DEFENDANTS.
JOHN L. BURRIS, Esq./State Bar # 69888 LAW OFFICES OF JOHN L. BURRIS 2 7677 Oakport Street, Suite 1120 Oakland, CA 94621 3 Telephone: (510) 839-5200 Facsimile: (510) 839-3882 4 E-Mail: John.firstname.lastname@example.org 5 GAYLA B. LIBET, Esq./State Bar # 109173 LAW OFFICES OF GAYLA B. LIBET 6 486 41st Street, Suite 3 Oakland, CA 94609 7 Telephone and Facsimile: (510) 420-0324 E-Mail: Glibet@sbcglobal.net 8 Attorneys for Plaintiff 9 EUGENE B. ELLIOT, Esq./State Bar # 111475 10 MICHAEL C. WENZEL, Esq./State Bar # 215388 BERTRAND, FOX & ELLIOT 11 2749 Hyde Street San Francisco, CA 94109 12 Telephone: (415) 353-0999 Facsimile: (415) 353-0990 13 E-Mail: Mwenzel@bfesf.com 14 Attorneys for Defendant CONTRA COSTA 15 COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT 16
STIPULATED REQUEST TO EXTEND TIME TO RESPOND TO COMPLAINT; [PROPOSED] ORDER
The parties in the above-captioned case, by and through their counsel of record, hereby represent 3 to the Court as follows: 4
1. On April 12, 2012, Plaintiff filed the Complaint initiating the above-captioned action 5 against the CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT ("DISTRICT"). 6
2. On April 23, 2012, Plaintiff served the Complaint on the CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT, the BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF CONTRA COSTA 8 COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT and HELEN BENJAMIN. 9
3. Defendant OFFICER WILLIAM BELL was not personally served. Counsel for the 7 DISTRICT is seeking to obtain authorization to accept service of the complaint on behalf of OFFICER 11 BELL. This stipulation is not submitted on his behalf. 12
4. Defendant believes portions of plaintiff's complaint are subject to dismissal. The parties 13 are meeting and conferring regarding those causes of action in an attempt to avoid filing a motion to 14 dismiss. 15
5. To permit time for defense counsel to contact OFFICER BELL regarding service of the 16 complaint, and to permit the parties additional time to meet and confer regarding the causes of action of 17 action contained in the complaint, the parties stipulate to extend the time for defendants to respond to the 18 Complaint through and including June 8, 2012. 19
IT IS SO STIPULATED.
Upon the foregoing Stipulation, and for good cause shown, IT IS
ORDERED that the time for
Defendants CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT, the BOARD OF
OF CONTRA COSTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT and HELEN BENJAMIN to
respond to 15 the Complaint shall be extended to June 8, 2012. 16 17
DATED: , 2012 19
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT JUDGE
© 1992-2012 VersusLaw Inc.