The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. A. Howard Matz Judge, United States District Court for the Central District of California
CONSENT DECREE AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION
The Court, having read and considered the Joint Stipulation for Entry of Consent Decree and Permanent Injunction that has been executed by Plaintiffs Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
(collectively "Plaintiffs") and Defendant Crystal Brooks a/k/a Crystal Miller, an individual and d/b/a www.classictv4u.com ("Defendant"), in this action, and good cause appearing therefore, hereby:
ORDERS that based on the Parties' stipulation and only as to Defendant, her successors, heirs, and assignees, this Injunction shall be and is hereby entered in the within action as follows:
1) This Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this action and over the subject matter hereof pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., and 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1338.
Service of process was properly made against Defendant.
2) Plaintiffs own or control the copyright or pertinent exclusive right to distribute or license the distribution of home video and digital products, including video home cassettes (VHS) as well as optical discs, including, but not limited to, video compact discs (VCDs), digital versatile discs (DVDs) and Blu-ray discs (collectively "Media Products") incorporating the motion picture or television titles subject to the copyright registrations listed in Exhibit "A" attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference (collectively referred to herein as "Plaintiffs' Works").
3) Plaintiffs have alleged that Defendant has made unauthorized uses of Plaintiffs' Works or substantially similar likenesses or colorable imitations thereof. 4) Defendant and her agents, servants, employees, representatives, successor and assigns, and all persons, firms, corporations or other entities in active concert or participation with him who receive actual notice of the Injunction are hereby restrained and permanently enjoined from infringing -- directly, contributorily or vicariously -- or enabling, facilitating, permitting, assisting, soliciting, encouraging, inducing, authorizing, aiding or abetting, materially contributing to, or persuading anyone to infringe in any manner Plaintiffs' Works, including, but not limited to, the following:
a) Copying, reproducing, downloading, distributing, uploading, linking to, transmitting, or publicly performing, or using trademarks, trade names or logos in connection with unauthorized Media Products containing any of Plaintiffs' Works;
b) Enabling, facilitating, permitting, assisting, soliciting, encouraging, abetting, or inducing any person or entity to copy, reproduce, download, distribute, upload, link to, transmit, or publicly perform any of Plaintiffs' Works; or
c) Profiting from the unauthorized copying, reproduction, downloading, distribution, uploading, linking to, transmission, or public performance of any of Plaintiffs' Works while declining to exercise a right to stop or limit such unauthorized copying, reproduction, downloading, distribution, uploading, linking to, transmission, or public performance of any of Plaintiffs' Works.
5) Each side shall bear its own fees and costs of suit.
6) The Default Judgment entered on or about January 9, 2012, shall be vacated in its entirety.
7) Except as provided herein, all claims alleged in the Complaint are ...