The opinion of the court was delivered by: Carolyn K. Delaney United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER SETTING SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE
Plaintiff, a state prisoner proceeding pro se, seeks relief pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. The court has determined this matter will benefit from a settlement conference. The settlement conference will be conducted at the U. S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California 95814 in Courtroom #26 on July 9, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. before the undersigned.
Parties will be required to file a signed Waiver of Disqualification, or notice of non-waiver of disqualification, no later than June 15, 2012. If parties file notice of non-waiver of disqualification, a randomly selected Magistrate Judge will be assigned to conduct the settlement conference on a date and time to be determined by the court.
A separate order and writ of habeas corpus ad testificandum will issue concurrently with this order.
In accordance with the above, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This case is set for a settlement conference before the undersigned on July 9, 2012, at 9:30 a.m. at the U. S. District Court, 501 I Street, Sacramento, California 95814 in Courtroom #26.
2. Parties are required to file a signed Waiver of Disqualification, or notice of non-waiver of disqualification, no later than June 15, 2012. If parties file notice of non-waiver of disqualification, a randomly selected Magistrate Judge will conduct the settlement conference on a date and time to be determined by the court.
3. Defendants' lead counsel and a person with full and unlimited authority to negotiate and enter into a binding settlement on defendants' behalf shall attend in person.*fn1
4. Those in attendance must be prepared to discuss the claims, defenses and damages. The failure of any counsel, party or authorized person subject to this order to appear in person may result in the imposition of sanctions. In addition, the conference will not proceed and will be reset to another date.
5. Each party shall provide a confidential settlement conference statement to Sujean Park, 501 I Street, Suite 4-200, Sacramento, California 95814, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, so they arrive no later than June 15, 2012 and file a Notice of Submission of Confidential Settlement Conference Statement (See Local Rule 270(d)).
Settlement statements should not be filed with the Clerk of the court nor served on any other party. Settlement statements shall be clearly marked "confidential" with the date and time of the settlement conference indicated prominently thereon.
The confidential settlement statement shall be no longer than five pages in length, typed or neatly printed, and include the following:
a. A brief statement of the facts of the case.
b. A brief statement of the claims and defenses, i.e., statutory or other grounds upon which the claims are founded; a forthright evaluation of the parties' likelihood of prevailing on the claims and ...